scandanavia & russia 12 nights ?

RCI has been doing this routing for some time out of Harwich...We did it on the Jewel Aug 2010..We did all the ports on our own except St Petersburg where we did a private 2 day active tour with TJ Travel !!!...Enjoy...this is an amazing itinerary !!!!

has anyone been on this trip? i only found out today that RCI ran this route. any tips? any advice would be appreciated

We just got back... it was absolutely fantastic ! ! !

We did it on Jewel of the Seas... for more info, would suggest reading the 'Baltics' CC thread and the 'JOS Roll Call'. There are probably 5 or 6 more JOS sailings this year.

We did this cruise in June 2009 and loved it so much we did it again in August last year.

We had a really nice time. The ports especially St Petersburg and Tallin were our favorites, although I would go to all the ports again.

We did the Royal Caribbean excursions the first time in St Petersburg and we did a private 2 day excursion with Denrus the second time.

I have to say I preferred the private company, we tailormade the itinery , no waiting in queues at any places thus saving time.

Best of all , better value for money than the ships excursions.

We gleemed so much information from cruise critic.

Bear in mind the weather, this is the Baltics after all !

It's a great cruise. Many of the cities you can walk around on your own, but I do recommend putting together a private tour group for St. Petersburg--we used Red October, and the guide assigned to us was excellent--we definitely saw more (and more of what we wanted) than if we had gone on a massive bus tour.

If they still offer it, we took a speedboat excursion through the cruise line around the Helsinki harbor that was not cheap but well worth it.

Les

We did this trip on Jewel of the Seas out of Harwich it was amazing.Weve booked to do the Baltic Capitals next year but this time on Adventure of the Seas from Southampton.I cant wait to go back again, every port was wonderful especially as we didnt know what to expect.I think out of all of them Tallin ,Oslo and St Petersburg were our favourites

Archived