Is Aqua Class worth the extra money?

sunset01

We are booked in aqua class for Feb 2 2019 it is our first celebrity cruise I am excited to hear what everyone has to say

We are also on Feb 2019 Equinox from Miami. In Aqua Class too. Our first ever cruise so nothing to judge it against. Got a better deal on AC against Concierge. Counting down the days.

Since this thread is TEN years old (and contains some out-of-date info) you may want to consult a more recent thread.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

HAHAHAHA! 😂😂 I thought the same thing when I saw this thread pop up in my User CP. Talk about a necroed thread! Ten years!

(FYI - “necroing” a thread is what it’s called when someone digs up a very old thread and responds to it.)

For our upcoming Caribbean cruise, Aqua Class was just about the same price as a suite - we will some day, but, for us, it is not worth it. We do Concierge and just about get every benefit as Aqua Class except entrance to the Persian Garden, spa amenities and Blu.

We are booked in aqua class for Feb 2 2019 it is our first celebrity cruise I am excited to hear what everyone has to say

My wife and I really enjoy Aqua Class. For us the biggest benefit is the dining room (Blu). Food is subjective, but I found it better (also lighter and healthier) than the main dining room (MDR). Of course there are heavier and un-healthy options available!

The service in Blu is generally better and more intimate than the MDR. The tables are close together, but you are not obligated to socialize with those nearby. You can look at the menus in advance each day, and you can always eat in the MDR or buffet, if that is more appealing.

We like the Persian Gardens as well. It is a nice place to relax and escape.

For us, Aqua Class is a reasonable middle ground (price-wise) between a balcony cabin and a suite.

The rest of the AQ benefits are minimal, in our opinion.

We really like Celebrity, especially the service. You may hear some complaints about the "nickle and diming" or upsell pressure. This is the new mainstream cruise line model, unfortunately. We just buy what we want, and ignore what we don't. There is no harassment or pressure. A polite "no thank you" works wonders.

Enjoy your cruise!

For our upcoming Caribbean cruise, Aqua Class was just about the same price as a suite - we will some day, but, for us, it is not worth it. We do Concierge and just about get every benefit as Aqua Class except entrance to the Persian Garden, spa amenities and Blu.

:) :) All reasons I choose Acquaclass ;-)

The hard thing about this question is that until YOU have tried Blu and AQ, it is almost impossible to know how important any of those amenities will be.

AQ staterooms are not appreciably bigger and the location in some cases is worse than a regular balcony stateroom. Priority boarding is nice, but in Miami, they divided people up into so many groups that it didn't really matter - we got there early, and I don't think anyone was waiting in any line. There are footrests on the balconies which is nice, and the food and spa amenities have been listed.

Having said all that we liked AQ, and booked it again - the amenities suit our "way of cruising", so they mean a lot to us. The tea is kind of odd - no idea what sort of tea it was, but I thought it was wonderful refreshing in the heat. We only went to Persian Garden once, but thought it was quite relaxing and want to figure out how to go more often on the next cruise. The evening canapes appeared just about the time we are having a glass of wine and getting ready for dinner - so while some were better than others, the timing was perfect for us.

The atmosphere in Blu and the food is more like "Old Celebrity" than the main dining room. I do not like how close the tables are to each other and that they are mostly 2 person tables - I understand why it is that way, the entire class is adults only - but it is an awkward set up - not one table where you are expected to converse with your tablemates, but not far away to have a completely private conversation, lots of uncomfortable "looking elsewhere". I know that arrangement is pretty standard in big cities, but I didn't like it on a rather expensive vacation. Also there were times when the staff seemed to be working hard to get around those crowded tables.

Our next cruise is a TA in Aqua, I'm hoping that over that period of time, some comfort between tables will develop and limited conversations will happen.

We like Blu very much. We love the fact that we can always get a table for two, no matter what time we show up. Yes, the tables are rather close to each other, but that does not bother us. The dining room is small and quiet. There is not the noise and the crowds like in the MDR, and then, most important of all, the food and service are great. On the other hand, although we do not use the Persian Room very much. we do use the small area where there are comfortable lounge chairs to relax and look at the ocean behind large windows. Do I think AC is worth it? Most definitely.

Please refer to this recent thread which covers a lot more of the aqua class benefits:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2621558

Absolutely. Love Blu. Use Persian gardens to relax. Booked a suite last cruise and did not like Luminae but the service and perks are great if you want to spend a lot more. We only go aqua.

rooibos tee ;)

I wondered if that was what the tea was, but I had only had that as hot tea, not chilled.

Southerners - tea is supposed to be strong and sweet. (Actually, I drink it strong, but not super sweet)

I want to tell you it’s not worth it so I get more of a chance of getting an aqua room for a lower price lol. It is subjective as you can tell. We have done one aqua class room and loved it. On my last cruise no aqua rooms were available but for our next we are in aqua class. I really think it is dependent on what makes or breaks a cruise for you and what the price difference is. I love blu and it actually has made me really struggle to eat in the mdr. Food is better for me, service is top notch, tables for two are plentiful, breakfast is excellent. Persian gardens is a paradise to me. Room location is not always the best but it’s another thing you have to consider when booking.

Depends on the price, imo.

We upgraded to AQ a couple weeks before our first Celebrity cruise for $20 each for the week.

SO worth it. Loved Blu. Loved our open balcony.

But since then it is always a lot more. And depending how you book, that upgrade is trickier to get these days.

We did MDR 1/3 Celebrity cruises & were pleased with the food & service.

Depends on the price, imo.

We upgraded to AQ a couple weeks before our first Celebrity cruise for $20 each for the week.

SO worth it. Loved Blu. Loved our open balcony.

But since then it is always a lot more. And depending how you book, that upgrade is trickier to get these days.

We did MDR 1/3 Celebrity cruises & were pleased with the food & service.

Thats the whole point. For one of our upcoming cruises the tariff would be $5000--$325 PER DAY to upgrade. Silly beyond belief.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app