Is Aqua Class worth the extra money?

sunset01

We have booked AQ for our next trip mainly beecause we enjoyed Blu so much. But no children are allowed in AQ, so on that level, there were never any children. The hallways were peaceful and quiet. The rooms were very tranquil and I loved going to the Persian Gardens and the tile loungers at the end of a day in port. It is worth extra money on the S ships, but I would not do on the older ships. AQ is very "make-do" on them.

We have booked AQ for our next trip mainly beecause we enjoyed Blu so much. But no children are allowed in AQ, so on that level, there were never any children. The hallways were peaceful and quiet. The rooms were very tranquil and I loved going to the Persian Gardens and the tile loungers at the end of a day in port. It is worth extra money on the S ships, but I would not do on the older ships. AQ is very "make-do" on them.

Hi:).....I think that is a misknowmer.....AQ is for only 2 people per

cabin but I do not think it is "no children". If a parent and child

are cruising together and they are the only 2 in the cabin I believe

they are definitely allowed to book a cabin in Aqua Class.

I could be wrong of course...but I have never heard "kids are not

allowed".

On our last Celebrity cruise we had booked a Concierge Guaranteed but were upgraded to Aquaclass. Now we probably wouldn't book with Celebrity if we couldn't get an AQ cabin (at a sensible price!). We loved Blu - the food and the fact we don't have to dine at a fixed time - makes it all much more relaxed for us. But everyone has different priorities. US pricing and UK pricing seem to exist on different planets so I guess it's a case of balancing price with requirements.

Has anyone booked the aqua class? Just wondering what the benefits are and if it's worth the extra cost? :)

It is worth the exra cost. For example, a difference of $60.00, per day per couple is reasonable. If the difference is significantly more than that, then it might be questionable.

DW and I have done AQ on two cruises and normal verandas on other cruises. For us, we have very simply criteria. We will only consider AQ if its priced at no more then about $20 per passenger day more then a decent regular balcony. We think that Blu is worth the $20....but that is about it! The other amenities have little impact in our thinking. Once the cost gets over $20 we think we are better off dining in the MDR on many nights and also visiting several alternative restaurants (we love Qsine and Murano). In some cases one could book a regular balcony and with the money saved over AQ be able to dine in the alternative restaurants every night. We also have a lot of issues with many of the AQ cabin locations on Solstice Class ships. A majority of these AQ cabins are located directly below the pool deck which can cause some noise from above. The balconies also are in a "big shadow" as there is a huge superstructure overhang that robs the balcony of much of its view of the sky (and sun). We prefer to get AQ cabins located aft of the pool area as these have passenger cabins above (suites) and have less problem with the overhang.

Hank

allowed".

Lois, you are right. The Aqua Class rooms are only 2 people per cabin, but if children are in an Aqua Class cabin, they can eat in Blu. There were some children eating in Blu on our last cruise.

We also loved Blu, and would look at an Aqua Class cabin again just for that. I loved the tableside muesli at breakfast. The meals were all delicious and beautifully presented, and the staff were very friendly and attentive.

Edited by BrusselsGirl07

Children are most definitely allowed in AQ but the two person per cabin limit minimises the numbers. I saw no more than 6 or 7 on our recent Solstice cruise including our own 2 teenagers

Is it worth it? Well if you book at the right time it is possible you will pay the same as concierge class so there may be no extra outlay. Even if the cost is extra I would do it for access to Blu. Better food, better service, better ambience and no need to dress up on formal nights.

Not everyone agrees but in my opinion the dining experience can make or break a cruise and Blu guarantees that I will be happy in that respect.

Lois, you are right. The Aqua Class rooms are only 2 people per cabin, but if children are in an Aqua Class cabin, they can eat in Blu. There were some children eating in Blu on our last cruise.

Hi Yvette:D hope you and Bill are doing well...tell him hi too!

I booked AQ for my upcoming cruise.....giving it another try;)

There are quite few folks on my roll call who are also in AQ. Should

be fun for dinner and I am looking forward to the breakfasts as well!:)

. A majority of these AQ cabins are located directly below the pool deck which can cause some noise from above.

Didn't cause any problem for us. A couple of times we noticed the sound of chairs being moved around above us but nothing that disturbed us at any time of the day or night

. The balconies also are in a "big shadow" as there is a huge superstructure overhang that robs the balcony of much of its view of the sky (and sun).

I actually found the shade provide by the overhang very appealing. However it restricted our view at times (e.g. Milford Sound in NZ) and that was a little annoying.

Hi Yvette:D hope you and Bill are doing well...tell him hi too!

I booked AQ for my upcoming cruise.....giving it another try;)

There are quite few folks on my roll call who are also in AQ. Should

be fun for dinner and I am looking forward to the breakfasts as well!:)

Also, a nice bloody mary and lox and bagels, sans bagel and cream cheese at the elite breakfast in Michael's, or whever it is held, adds to the breakfast experience in Blu.

allowed".

It was pointed out to me, Lois, last week that children definitely are allowed in AQ. I inadvertently made what I felt to be a rather benign comment about my T.A mentioning that AQ is adults only, and one CCer went nearly ballistic at my comment about the T.As comment, and even went so far as to start ANOTHER thread. LOL. And then when said poster started the new thread, that poster misquoted everything and said that I had stated that children aren't allowed in BLu:rolleyes: , which I never ever said. So, the short answer is YES, children are indeed allowed in AQ class :D

It is worth the exra cost. For example, a difference of $60.00, per day per couple is reasonable. If the difference is significantly more than that, then it might be questionable.

That is exactly the amount we are paying to upgrade from obstructed balcony to AQ.

• 4 months later...

Has anyone an opinion or experience with noise from above? We are considering an AquaClass Suite or an AquaClass Stateroom but are afraid of being under the pool in case of noise coming down from the pool area (setting up deck chairs, live music at times at the pool...). Also, would the AC Suite be any different from (or better than) the AC Stateroom re noise? Such decisions! Thanks.

Has anyone an opinion or experience with noise from above? We are considering an AquaClass Suite or an AquaClass Stateroom but are afraid of being under the pool in case of noise coming down from the pool area (setting up deck chairs, live music at times at the pool...). Also, would the AC Suite be any different from (or better than) the AC Stateroom re noise? Such decisions! Thanks.

Hello fellow Canuck--At the top of the page is a sticky with S class rooms--so u can read reviews there

Thats why many--including myself--go for the A2 rooms! As they tend to be in the rear and with other cabins on top of them! We had 1648 on the Silhouette and it was great--approx 50 seconds at a leisurely rate to get to the elevator

And there were kids in BLU on Silhouette, I believe they were staying in a suite as it was a family of 4.

Hello fellow Canuck--At the top of the page is a sticky with S class rooms--so u can read reviews there

Thats why many--including myself--go for the A2 rooms! As they tend to be in the rear and with other cabins on top of them! We had 1648 on the Silhouette and it was great--approx 50 seconds at a leisurely rate to get to the elevator

And there were kids in BLU on Silhouette, I believe they were staying in a suite as it was a family of 4.

We've met families who've got two AQ rooms as well, to accommodate the kids. One parent and one kid in each.

• 4 months later...

It depends on what you are looking for in a cruise if aqua class is for you or not. In addition to concierge class, you do get access to the Persian garden, which In my case I did not use. For me the big bonus and selling feature was access to the Blu dining room. This is the first time that we had booked aqua class at the recommendation of my travel agent and I would book it again, just to access the blu dining room. Dining there provided a more intimate experience, the wait staff began to know everyone dining in blu and you began to get specialized service over the course of the cruise. The blu dining room is not as noisy as the main dining room giving the feel of a specialty restaurant. On our cruise we did eat in the main dining room once and decided that we did not like the experience and returned to blu. We also ate in blu for breakfast whenever we could as we liked the fresh made to order breakfasts that this dining room provided. We were on the celebrity infinity and blu was part of the ship refurbishment. According to other guests that had booked aqua in the newer ships they said that blu was a larger venue in the newer ships and in the celebrity infinity it was a smaller venue. We often when to dinner around 7:30 and because of the size of the dining room often had to wait 10-15 minutes to be seated. We retreated to cellar masters and enjoyed a glass of wine while we waited and the maître de would find us an seat us when the table was ready. We had heard that in the newer ships there was little or no wait for a table so that might be a consideration. For us the wait did not bother us. Another big bonus in blue is the every night is dressy casual including formal nights so there is no need to lug a suit with you.. Formal nights is the one big turn off for me for cruising and I know for a fact that more people would select a cruise holiday if there were no formal nights.

Has anyone booked the aqua class? Just wondering what the benefits are and if it's worth the extra cost? :)

Some cruises, the cost is little to nothing different than the Concierge Class. The benefits to me are amazing but if Aqua was $50 more per day -- I would probably go with the Concierge -- and along the same vein -- if concierge was $50 more per day than another good balcony cabin, I would probably just go for the balcony unless it was a special occasion.

The huge benefit of Aqua class, for us, not for all, is Blu. It is amazing!! Now we are ruined.

You do get bottled water and tea in your room -- I love tea but this is just so so -- thus, went to waste most days. If I had ever seen my room steward, I would have told him just not to bother -- however, the bottled water was nice.

Other nice touches of the Aqua Class is the entrance into the Persian Gardens and the Observation Lounge. Nobody really using these rooms during our latest cruise up to Alaska....so relaxing.

Another perk is early embarkation -- followed by the concierge class - plus, both get the benefits of 2 tier points to reach elite status. Both also have fresh flowers in the room, as well as a pillow menu and an expanded room service menu. Although I have the highest praises for Celebrity pretty much overall, the room service is one area that could use improvement. We just don't bother with it any longer. More trouble than it is worth and rarely are timely or get your order right. Afternoon canapés are also available in both classes but in Aqua, you have a special shower (pretty cool) and these aroma therapy sticks (not so special, although some make like them).

So, the reason I have set my limit to $50 a day is for Blu is that would cover a few trips to a specialty restaurant. If we weren't to go to Blu, we would probably eat at one of the specialty restaurants approx every other night - but particularly on formal nights, as they don't require formal dress.

Our last cruise, Aqua was only $100 more per person for a 7 night cruise and wow...was it worth it. Our next cruise, aqua was several hundred more per person, so went with the concierge class. And on the one after that, the concierge and aqua were a couple thousand more than a regular balcony, so are going with the regular balcony. That $2000 will buy a lot of specialty dinners. However, think I will still miss Blu!!

Aqua on our upcoming Reflection 15 night transatlantic. ;)

With all the Aqua perk goodies and like dining in a speciality restaurant each night with Blu........OoohhhHellYes !!!! :cool:

Edited by Shake

We didn't really care for Blu (menu and seating arrangements) butwere able to take meals in specialty rests. and MDR (although we heard various stories of how easy or hard it would be to be accomodated there). We used the Persian Garden little also and it did seem that the cabin location for AQ class was not optimum.. That said, there is really no drawback to AQ if you can book for equivalent CC price.

• 1 year later...
It depends on what you are looking for in a cruise if aqua class is for you or not. In addition to concierge class, you do get access to the Persian garden, which In my case I did not use. For me the big bonus and selling feature was access to the Blu dining room. This is the first time that we had booked aqua class at the recommendation of my travel agent and I would book it again, just to access the blu dining room. Dining there provided a more intimate experience, the wait staff began to know everyone dining in blu and you began to get specialized service over the course of the cruise. The blu dining room is not as noisy as the main dining room giving the feel of a specialty restaurant. On our cruise we did eat in the main dining room once and decided that we did not like the experience and returned to blu. We also ate in blu for breakfast whenever we could as we liked the fresh made to order breakfasts that this dining room provided. We were on the celebrity infinity and blu was part of the ship refurbishment. According to other guests that had booked aqua in the newer ships they said that blu was a larger venue in the newer ships and in the celebrity infinity it was a smaller venue. We often when to dinner around 7:30 and because of the size of the dining room often had to wait 10-15 minutes to be seated. We retreated to cellar masters and enjoyed a glass of wine while we waited and the maître de would find us an seat us when the table was ready. We had heard that in the newer ships there was little or no wait for a table so that might be a consideration. For us the wait did not bother us. Another big bonus in blue is the every night is dressy casual including formal nights so there is no need to lug a suit with you.. Formal nights is the one big turn off for me for cruising and I know for a fact that more people would select a cruise holiday if there were no formal nights.

Wow--my hubby will LOVE hearing that he doesn't have to bring a suit! Is dressy casual still the policy (on ALL ships), does anyone know. Happy.

Wow--my hubby will LOVE hearing that he doesn't have to bring a suit! Is dressy casual still the policy (on ALL ships), does anyone know. Happy.

Wow. This thread is from 2008. You've just poked the zombie. :)

Yes, the dress code in Blu is smart casual every evening.

We recently sailed on Solstice and while we didn't have Aqua Class, we purchased a couples pass for US$120 approx for Persian garden for the duration of the 12 night cruise. This was especially great to use as we had six sea days on our voyage.

That being said, for us, when we booked out next two solstice cruises, we didn't find the higher aqua class price worth it for us as if we wanted to do Persian garden again, we'd just purchase the pass again, and from what we saw / heard of Blu, the menu had some Blu exclusives and dishes from MDR each night.

We actually loved the MDR food, and other than the speciality restaurants, we looked forward to the MDR each nigbt. So if we did have Aqua Class we wouldn't use Blu.

If you are only interested in aqua for the Persian garden, calculate the cabin cost vs the cost of a Persian garden cruise pass.

Ofcourse everyone's preferences are different and we can't all love Aqua Class perks as otherwise no one would book the other cabins!

While I know some absolutely love the concept of AQ, it's not for us.

Edited by LuckiePuris

• 3 years later...