HMC Cabana Question

Steelers0854

Everyone is different. If everyone is at the cabana then I think it would be too small, you would want a villa. On the other hand though, everyone will likely be spending the day in the water so the cabana may be empty all day.

They provide more than enough food and drinks for 6 people. Unless everyone wants to stay in the cabana (not in the sun and water), there's room for all, as well. The only time we all hang out in the structure itself is at lunchtime. Even then, some may prefer to eat on the loungers or steps to the cabana.

While the price jump may seem a little steep, in reality it is only $180 more (based on what I paid) and it was totally worth it to our group for the private bathroom and larger space. Granted, we are a larger group (10 of us), but 4 of them are young adults and 2 are teens, so I expect they'll be gone most of the time. I just wanted the extra space, hot tub and private facilities for the adults :)

Technically the cabanas are up to 4 people, so only 4 people in your party will get tickets that will get them on the first tender. If that matters to you, go with the villa option.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unless you have FTTF which we did and were all able to get off the ship first thing.

Thanks for all the input. I agree. The kids will be out and about (and even some of the adults) so it should be ok space wise. Good to hear about the food and drinks being plentiful, which is really one of the more important parts.

DW and I have FTTF so no worries about getting to the island early.

Looks like we are keeping the cabana.

Thanks again!!

Thanks for all the input. I agree. The kids will be out and about (and even some of the adults) so it should be ok space wise. Good to hear about the food and drinks being plentiful, which is really one of the more important parts.

DW and I have FTTF so no worries about getting to the island early.

Looks like we are keeping the cabana.

Thanks again!!

The food and drinks that they put in your cabana is fruit and chips and dip, you will still need to go to the BBQ hut for your lunch food. They will give you bottles of water and soda too, you get to pick that when you choose what color cabana you want at Shore Excursions Desk (do that on embarkation day). There are 4 chairs and 2 loungers with comfy pads and in front is more lounge chairs.

47a7d726b3127cce98548a39f9990000001010kAZuGzJizbsWLJw

47a8d835b3127cce98548a85bc170000001010kAZuGzJizbsWLJw

If this is the spread they put out for the Cabana, I'm really excited to see what we'll get in the villa :)

The villa literally gets the same thing the cabana gets, food wise.

The villa has a hot tub, and more room.

If this is the spread they put out for the Cabana, I'm really excited to see what we'll get in the villa :)

The Villa is similar with more drinks because it holds more people. However, it's not the food that makes it for me, it's the private bathroom, hot tub, 2 levels with lounge chairs, and being able to have everyone inside comfortably without sitting on top of each other if they want to take a break from the sun or if it starts raining. Actually, even if it were only 4 of us I would choose a Villa over a Cabana without batting an eyelash. It's that good!

Love these pics! Hard to tell how far from the "beach" you are. We are traveling with 2 boys, 4 and 8 at the time and want to be super close to the water, well as close as we can. I currently have a cabana, but thinking a villa may be a nice upgrade. Thoughts? TIA

Love these pics! Hard to tell how far from the "beach" you are. We are traveling with 2 boys, 4 and 8 at the time and want to be super close to the water, well as close as we can. I currently have a cabana, but thinking a villa may be a nice upgrade. Thoughts? TIA

The beach is right there outside your door, it’s just a short walk to the water. I think you would really enjoy the space and bathroom of the Villa. I was with a couple that had 2 small kids and the bathroom was great for them. I also enjoyed being able to rinse off before getting back on the ship and not having to use the public toilet.

Here are some more pics from the Villa.

826b96b9d80bf79216642d1cb0d24d6a.jpg

9c1053d29aeebee5ac8d26d4cddf2a38.jpg

49442a03e2ed94234f5fdb216292a252.jpg

thank you! SOLD! I think for the extra money, why not? Is there more than 1? If so, do we choose when boarding at guest services? Thanks again!

You’re welcome! Always glad to help! There are 5 Villas. We had the last one - “E” which is farthest away, but also the least crowded. It truly was heaven. You need to go to the Shore Excursion Desk ASAP upon boarding and select your Villa. It’s first come first served for selection. They will take your order for kinds of soda you want as well as sizes of fins.

You’re welcome! Always glad to help! There are 5 Villas. We had the last one - “E” which is farthest away, but also the least crowded. It truly was heaven. You need to go to the Shore Excursion Desk ASAP upon boarding and select your Villa. It’s first come first served for selection. They will take your order for kinds of soda you want as well as sizes of fins.

Thank you again. I am platinum, so I will get there ASAP! i am good being in the "crowd" as long as we are close to the water. It won't be as heavenly, but we have kids. I am hoping they will love the hot tub too they won't be in the sun the WHOLE day! one more question, do they bring your lunch or do you walk to get it? thanks again. i appreciate your help and sorry for the hijack!

Thank you again. I am platinum, so I will get there ASAP! i am good being in the "crowd" as long as we are close to the water. It won't be as heavenly, but we have kids. I am hoping they will love the hot tub too they won't be in the sun the WHOLE day! one more question, do they bring your lunch or do you walk to get it? thanks again. i appreciate your help and sorry for the hijack!

You get the chips, fruit, vegetables, soda, and water delivered but you still go to the lunch buffet yourself. Have a great time!