Unfinished bottle of wine at dinner...will they save it?

suzyed

I know, I know....what's an unfinished bottle of wine? Ha ha!

But sometimes we will order one white and one red and of course the two of us don't drink both bottles in one sitting.

So do they hold the bottle(s) for the next night at dinner? Will they allow you to take the bottles with you after dinner to enjoy a glass later? Or will they allow you to take a glass with you out of the dining room? (I seem to remember they would not allow one to carry out a glass?)

I know, I know....what's an unfinished bottle of wine? Ha ha!

But sometimes we will order one white and one red and of course the two of us don't drink both bottles in one sitting.

So do they hold the bottle(s) for the next night at dinner? Will they allow you to take the bottles with you after dinner to enjoy a glass later? Or will they allow you to take a glass with you out of the dining room? (I seem to remember they would not allow one to carry out a glass?)

Yes, they will save the bottle of wine and bottle of water,.too. You may also take it with you. If you eat in another venue, they will get that for you, too. Never had a problem bringing in a glass of wine or drink. I assume you could carry out a glass, too. Enjoy your cruise!

Yes, they will save the bottle of wine and bottle of water,.too. You may also take it with you. If you eat in another venue, they will get that for you, too. Never had a problem bringing in a glass of wine or drink. I assume you could carry out a glass, too. Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks!

So even if I have a partial bottle of wine in the main dining room (got the 7 bottle package and it says only can be ordered in the dining room and not at the specialty restaurants.) I can ask them to get it for me in another restaurant? I guess how would they know I had the package? :confused:

Thanks!

So even if I have a partial bottle of wine in the main dining room (got the 7 bottle package and it says only can be ordered in the dining room and not at the specialty restaurants.) I can ask them to get it for me in another restaurant? I guess how would they know I had the package? :confused:

Based on code on your cruise card. They know your cabin and mark it as such.

• 2 months later...

That's not how it worked out!

We ordered a bottle the first night and had a glass or two left. They didn't take one of the tickets we purchased. They saved it. Then the next night they bring us a brand new bottle of the same wine. When we asked where our wine went, they looked at us like we were crazy and said, "this is better...a whole new bottle!" That night they took our ticket for one bottle.

This was the pattern throughout the cruise.

This wine package can only be used in the MDR. I was told that if I got one of my bottles from the main dining room and brought it to Ocean Cay, they would charge me a $20 corkage fee!!!!!

They've always saved and brought out the next night on every cruiseline we've cruised on. Maybe since they knew you had a wine package (7 bottles)....They just assumed a new bottle each night??? Did you ever have to pay for any additional wine??

They've always saved and brought out the next night on every cruiseline we've cruised on. Maybe since they knew you had a wine package (7 bottles)....They just assumed a new bottle each night??? Did you ever have to pay for any additional wine??

No...they were very casual about taking the tickets. So, after a few nights of new bottles, we just shrugged and accepted it. The last night we had one ticket left even and asked if we could take a bottle with us and they actually gave us two!!!

The price point for the wine was $33 max. We asked to purchase a more expensive bottle and pay the difference and were told "no"!

This was a first on how they handled the wine but we ARE talking about MSC Seaside, so nothing is typical.

BTW, all of the "packages" with tickets were handled in unusual ways....no one seemed to really know how or what each of the tickets were to be used.

No...they were very casual about taking the tickets. So, after a few nights of new bottles, we just shrugged and accepted it. The last night we had one ticket left even and asked if we could take a bottle with us and they actually gave us two!!!

The price point for the wine was $33 max. We asked to purchase a more expensive bottle and pay the difference and were told "no"!

This was a first on how they handled the wine but we ARE talking about MSC Seaside, so nothing is typical.

BTW, all of the "packages" with tickets were handled in unusual ways....no one seemed to really know how or what each of the tickets were to be used.

Thanks!! Had to chuckle at your comment "we ARE talking about MSC Seaside, so nothing is typical." Seems to be a common theme!!