Oceania Serina August 31, Rome to Florida

Nonni02

I have gone TA many times on Celebrity solstice class (122,000 tons) and had smooth sailing each time. Anyone gone on this much smaller ship across? It is only 30,000 tons. I am worried it might be a bit rough especially in hurricane season. Can it handle the Atlantic ok? This will be my first time on Oceania. Will I like it as much or more than Celebrity?

Nonni02,

How would I know which ship you like better? I don't know you. ;-) There is a huge size difference which will make a difference in the crowds and the entertainment options.

The Sirena will handle the ocean ok. These smaller ships do around the world cruises and other long ocean voyages. I've been on two of her sister ships, same size, and they were fine. Book a cabin in the middle and on a low deck. I am very prone to motion sickness and know that there is a psychological element to it which is difficult to control except with ginger and seasickness medication in my case.

I have gone TA many times on Celebrity solstice class (122,000 tons) and had smooth sailing each time. Anyone gone on this much smaller ship across? It is only 30,000 tons. I am worried it might be a bit rough especially in hurricane season. Can it handle the Atlantic ok? This will be my first time on Oceania. Will I like it as much or more than Celebrity?

I'll take an actual ship over a floating apartment building anytime.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Size of the ship can have an impact on how it does in the seas but that doesn't mean a large ship handles seas better then smaller one. In fact, sometimes the reverse is true and the higher on the ship the worse it is.

Keith