Junior suite & oasis ?

Hello all,

I have made a few posts on here the past two weeks, some of you know my situation, a month ago got double spinal and cervical discectomy and fusions and father in law ended up on hospital...we purchased our Oasis April 15th cruise months ago and bought dad a cabin for his 79th birthday, needless to say, at first we thought he wouldn't be able to go but he is in rehab and is doing very well that we think he be out sometime this coming week. Yesterday he told us to cancel the cruise so we told him it is paid for and the truth, this is the first cruise we didn't purchase insurance (go figure lol)...and told him he has to go plus whether he sits in the house or the cabin he is better off on the cruise.

Last night we took the plunge and upgraded from our Oceanview balcony staterooms to junior suites, we figured the extra room be good for him as he will be using a walker and it be easier to get around in the stateroom and the balcony will have chaise lounges so he be able to put his feet up and relax there also and he have a coffee maker for his am coffee each morning. We understand we don't get full suite benefits, and won't even use Coastal Kitchen for dinner as we have the ultimate dining package. My sister and brother in law just booked this same cruise this week.

Questions we have:

1- Does anybody know where the lifeboat drill be for those in junior suites, we ended up on deck 7

2- Do they still offer the drink cards, when are these available (sister doesn't drink and they have boardwalk cabins which includes the beverage package so for him to get the ultimate beverage package she has to purchase the refreshment package which is a waste as she already gets the water and soda) and what is the cost for these drink cards?

3- If my sister does the first night done right dining, is she able to change the time if the time she wants isn't available?

I am onboard now.

We are in a JS in. Deck 12. Odds are that your muster station will be in the promenade on deck 5.

To my knowledge, there are no stations outside other than the Aqua Theater. Ever muster station has facilities for sitting for those who can't stand.

Drink cards, as Bob noted, appeared on day 4 both weeks we were onboard.

:rolleyes:yes, you can change your assigned venue/time. But do it as soon as you can.

Thank you Bob and Audome78....question, my brother in law isn't purchasing the ultimate dining package, if he goes on night two say to the MDR and decides he wants to purchase the dining package, would he be able to get the 4/5 night dining package say on day 3?

A few people made posts on her saying the ship is worn, I been on her the first week of November didn't see any of that, like your input to this, I am still going lol.

Thank you Bob and Audome78....question, my brother in law isn't purchasing the ultimate dining package, if he goes on night two say to the MDR and decides he wants to purchase the dining package, would he be able to get the 4/5 night dining package say on day 3?

A few people made posts on her saying the ship is worn, I been on her the first week of November didn't see any of that, like your input to this, I am still going lol.

There's no guarantee that any dining package will be offered onboard.

I had the same surgery and would love to have been healing on a cruise ship. I was so bored at home. If I had to have cabin fever I would rather have it on a ship. He will enjoy the beautiful views from your balcony, and hopefully, he will feel well enough to do other activities that don't require any exertion. Have a wonderful cruise.

I forgot to mention that I also had a junior suite when I was on the Oasis. It was really spacious and noticeably larger then a regular balcony. I had a junior suite on NCL and it was just a regular balcony cabin with a tub, not really that much bigger. But on Oasis you could see the difference.

We loved our JS on the Oasis. Very spacious. Highly recommend at least one dinner in Coastal Kitchen for those who don’t have the Ultimate dining package. It is like a specialty restaurant but without the up charge. Breakfast at Johnny Rockets was fun. Hope your FIL feels well enough to get to some shows and enjoy the ship.