WI-FI packages presale just announced this morning

I have gone to the website and clicked on Manage My Booking and do not see an option, anywhere, to purchase the Wi Fi package. I am sailing on the Fascination in October and thought this was to be available online, as of April. Am I looking in the wrong place?

When this was first introduced, I logged into my Pride cruise and was able to see an option. Clicking thru, it finally said not available for this cruise. Now I don't see the option. Carnival is always changing the website. Give it time, it will probably show up for you.

I think someone said it would be under THE FUN SHOPS tab .....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was showing up under The Fun Shops for my upcoming Pride cruise last week. I just logged in to pay for it, but it's gone now. No biggy if I have to wait til we board.

It's available on the Glory for my July sailing. Prices for the 7-night sailing are Social-$4.29/day Value-$10.25/day and Premium $17.00/day.

Those advance prices DO appear to be discounted from the purchase prices on Conquest that I remember from last October...and yes, I realize that ultimately it wasn't available for you to pre-purchase on Glory....not yet, anyway.

I hazily recall those prices on Conquest to have been $5 or $6/day for Social, $12/day for Value and $19 or $20/day for Premium, so...some savings.

I purchased the Value plan as soon as I boarded and remember getting a "full-cruise" discount because I bought it early, but it's nice to see a discount being offered for pre-cruise purchases via the website.

• 2 weeks later...
Were you able to send pictures? And if so, did it take forever?

One picture. After that I gave up and waited for wifi on the islands. It took a really long time for it to load too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One picture. After that I gave up and waited for wifi on the islands. It took a really long time for it to load too.

That's interesting. I sent over 200 pics during my 8 night Vista cruise without a hitch (via Whatsapp).

Has anyone called to find out why the option is not on the website to purchase at this time, and when it will be available?

It's only available for presale on two ships - Vista and Fantasy. However, the option to buy it from the funshops is now mysteriously missing. I got it already for our cruise in August. Not sure what's up with that.

It's only available for presale on two ships - Vista and Fantasy. However, the option to buy it from the funshops is now mysteriously missing. I got it already for our cruise in August. Not sure what's up with that.

Looks like they've updated it since yesterday. From their FAQ's: This option is expected to be fleet wide by mid-summer and is currently offered for the following ships: Carnival Dream, Carnival Fascination, Carnival Freedom and Carnival Vista.

That's interesting. I sent over 200 pics during my 8 night Vista cruise without a hitch (via Whatsapp).

Which plan was that on? We were able to use iMessage to text (each other on board and people back home) last year with the Social plan, but it wouldn't let me send a photo via iMessage.

Looks like they've updated it since yesterday. From their FAQ's: This option is expected to be fleet wide by mid-summer and is currently offered for the following ships: Carnival Dream, Carnival Fascination, Carnival Freedom and Carnival Vista.

Interesting that the option to get it in advance gone. I even had my girlfriend check it and she's not getting till onboard. I figure maybe the option was gone from my booking since I already got it. But nothing showing on hers either.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Yeah this is weird.

Haha, so they've updated the FAQ's, but it is still not available. I'm booked for the Vista in September. I'm going to call tomorrow.

Haha, so they've updated the FAQ's, but it is still not available. I'm booked for the Vista in September. I'm going to call tomorrow.

I wonder if they didn't intend to offer it discounted for online purchase and that's why they took it down? I don't know but fearing it might be a mistake is one of the reasons why I hurried up and got it. A bunch of us did. Seems to me like they would rather people buy as much as they can in advance. Who knows what it is. Why add more ships but then take away the option to get it! Carnival leaves me scratching my head often.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I wonder if they didn't intend to offer it discounted for online purchase and that's why they took it down? I don't know but fearing it might be a mistake is one of the reasons why I hurried up and got it. A bunch of us did. Seems to me like they would rather people buy as much as they can in advance. Who knows what it is. Why add more ships but then take away the option to get it! Carnival leaves me scratching my head often.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I thought about this the other night. We usually got the internet for 2 days during our week cruise just to check on the family and check email for work. It's a great business move to offer it discounted for the entire voyage and pre paid. That's like money in the bank for them for a lot of people like us. I'm happy I got it before it went poof

Which plan was that on? We were able to use iMessage to text (each other on board and people back home) last year with the Social plan, but it wouldn't let me send a photo via iMessage.

Social plan. But I don't have an iPhone so no iMessage. I used Whatsapp and it worked fantastically for regular and picture texts, even to groups (was showing ship pics to friends and family in the States and Germany). This was on the Vista back in March. The only place I would lose signal was in the elevators.

My son is going on the Glory next month and he has an iPhone so I will ask him if he plans on using iMessage and report back if he does.

As a thought, why not download Whatsapp as a backup plan? It's free and it works on iPhones (my son uses it on an S6 I think). If you go on ship and iMessage works, the delete Whatsapp. If iMessage doesn't work, you can use the Whatsapp for everything except VOIP with the Social plan.

I just did a mock purchase for the Dream. It was $71.75, and it didn't charge tax. That is only $0.25 off. That isn't much of a discount.

Exactly, and if you noticed, at the checkout screen, there is a section for taxed that says "TBD". lol, so we will probably still get taxed.

Exactly, and if you noticed, at the checkout screen, there is a section for taxed that says "TBD". lol, so we will probably still get taxed.

No tax. If you go all the way to the end just before you hit submit, there is no tax charged anymore. I called just now and got my taxes refunded.

I'm booked for Pride this Sunday, Trying to get the social pkg, but i choose social, the agree box is checked. Hit submit and a brown error message comes up and says its not available on my ship. Oh well

Has anyone used the Social package (the cheapest tier in the HUB packages) and used Facebook to video call home? Just curious if we can get away with that package for the week, or if we need to go higher.

Thanks