reserving dinners on the Norwegian Dawn

Can anyone help ? Have tried to book reservations for dinner before our cruise. We leave in 4 weeks on the Dawn. The times I would like are not available. I know the cruise line holds back on availability . I have heard they only pre reserve a limited amount. How do I make my reservations when I get to the pier.? Is there a desk set up in the embarkation building ? That happened a few years back. Has that changed ? Where would I go on the ship to make reservations. Direct to Restaurant or reservation desk near the purser.? With the amount of people that are embarking I am trying to get helpful hints on what to do. Thanks.

Can anyone help ? Have tried to book reservations for dinner before our cruise. We leave in 4 weeks on the Dawn. The times I would like are not available. I know the cruise line holds back on availability . I have heard they only pre reserve a limited amount. How do I make my reservations when I get to the pier.? Is there a desk set up in the embarkation building ? That happened a few years back. Has that changed ? Where would I go on the ship to make reservations. Direct to Restaurant or reservation desk near the purser.? With the amount of people that are embarking I am trying to get helpful hints on what to do. Thanks.
There is a table set up at the Black Falcon terminal. Its usually right past where they take your boarding pictures. If you miss that I believe you can make them on board

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Make them in the terminal if you find a table, or as soon as you board. Back in June by Day 2 there was very little availability between 6 and 8 pm for the most popular restaurants, despite the fact that when I was in them, they were not anywhere close to full. Very strange. So snap them up ASAP.

I found the same issue with the Dawn in a couple of weeks. Times not available, days not shown. Try different number in your party and see if it changes. I did book a few. We are in a suite and yesterday went through the concierge desk at NCL to change some of those and add one. Was no problem at all and confirmed in 30 minutes. I think it is just not having that much open for on line booking. But, once on board, I've never had trouble getting reservations near the times I wanted. Just go to the desk on board after boarding.

Yes thee is a desk set up in the Asian restaurant. We usually grab something to eat at O'SHeehans and then head directly to the desk. In fact our next cruise we may do the reservations even before we eat.

• 2 weeks later...

I am dealing with the same thing for the Oct. 12 NCL Dawn cruise. Any suggestions?

Yes thee is a desk set up in the Asian restaurant. We usually grab something to eat at O'SHeehans and then head directly to the desk. In fact our next cruise we may do the reservations even before we eat.

We have 3 specialty restaurants as part of our cruise package. Is it worth it to buy more or how are the other regular restaurants?

Thanks for your advice?

Joyce from CA

We have 3 specialty restaurants as part of our cruise package. Is it worth it to buy more or how are the other regular restaurants?

Thanks for your advice?

Joyce from CA

Over 1200 people on your cruise will eat at the main dining room each night. Others will eat at the buffet. There is absolutely no reason to give NCL money for food which is already included your cruise fare.

Thanks for your advice?

Joyce from CA

It is more up to how much of a foodie are you? We love the specialty dining rooms but we are happy with the MDRs a few nights, plus there is always the buffer which we have done on embarkation night a few times. Some like to eat at O'Sheehan's and then there is the Asian restaurant as well. Since they introduced the specialty dining perk, we have never even considered paying extra for dinner.

BTW hope you have not been affected by the fires in Ca. I was born and raised in Ca.

• 5 months later...

Went on our very first cruise this past November on the Dawn and had 3-night specialty dining pkg.   Found the same thing, they limit the amount of reservations they take pre-cruise.  I couldn't get two reservations on the night/time I wanted so I booked another night for each at a time close to what I wanted to make sure I was "in".  I'm OCD LOL

Embarkation day, after having a nice sandwich and a couple beers at O'Sheehans and going through the muster drill, there was a sign that a table was set up in Bamboo (deck 7).  Walked right up to the table where several people were waiting to assist, sat down, and got the two reservations changed to the days/times I preferred.  Was done in five minutes.  Got up from the table and there was a line of people doing the same so I'd seek out this table sooner rather than later depending on how full your cruise is.

I had the 3 night pkg on a 9 day cruise.  Ate in the main dining rooms a couple evenings, buffet a couple (night #1 had prime rib and baked potato in the buffet).  You can eat in the specialty restaurants beyond your package, without extending your package, or even without a package at all if you'd like...there is a cover charge or a la carte fees depending on the restaurant.  Our friends had 3 night dining as well and decided after making their 3 reservations that they wanted to eat at Los Lobos too (which is only on the Dawn) so they did, for the cover charge.  See which way the $ add up better for you.

Edited by tacoville