outside the Princess confines on Princess Cays

clianmel

Is there much of interest on the rest of the island if you venture outside of the Princess confines If there is, is it possible to rent a car or a golf cart Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Yes, there is plenty to see around the rest of the island, So, you can hire a car/taxi to drive you around the island or for the less venturesome, just walk outside the compound through the gap in the chained link fence. Many people do that. Stores and souvineer stands just outside the fence. Very safe to walk around town, or get a car/taxi for hire to take you on an island tour.. Bring passport, and cash/credit card.

Good luck. Enjoy your cruise.

Last month I walked along the shore south bound all the way to the south end of the island. Parts were tough with sharp rocks and other parts were nice beach. Coming back there is a road that comes near the Princess property entrance. I would not recommend doing this alone as if you get injured you are by yourself and no one will know where you are

At the south end there is a nice, quite beach and some cliffs offering nice views. There is a small parking area there. It is also a stop on some tours with dune buggy type vehicles. On the way back along the road I passed a couple lakes with signs showing types of birds to see but I did not se much. It is about an hour and half walk.

As I recall there are some shops set up there. You can walk thru a gap in the fence.

Take your passport with you if you go outside the fence

We did not need passports to go to those outside the gate vendors.

A guard at the gate made sure we had cruise cards leaving and then we had to show them returning to the Princess area.

Does Princess offer an excursion to explore the island?

When there in Jan, noticed 'dune buggy' type vehicles that I assume are for rent for a dye exploration.

FYI, for what it's worth - I recently watched an HGTV House Hunters International on Eleuthera. There were some fabulous looking homes in the episode.

We did not need passports to go to those outside the gate vendors.

A guard at the gate made sure we had cruise cards leaving and then we had to show them returning to the Princess area.

depends who is at the gate, last time we were there the guy wanted to see a passport. period. he was not fun at all.