Something Different To Do in Cozumel?

heels_fan

Hi folks. I'm looking for suggestions for something new, unique, or different to do when our ship docks in Cozumel. Like many cruisers, we have been to Cozumel many times before, and have exhausted many of the typical activity choices, including an island jeep tour, SUP at Mr. Sanchos, a trip over to Playa, a day at Paradise Beach, and shopping/exploring in San Miguel. We (my boyfriend and I) are active and enjoy activities like biking and kayaking. The only caveat is that my boyfriend has really expensive contact lenses that he absolutely cannot see without, that make water activities like snorkeling or swimming in a cenote, a no-go. Soooo... any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Happy cruising everyone! :D

Hi folks. I'm looking for suggestions for something new, unique, or different to do when our ship docks in Cozumel. Like many cruisers, we have been to Cozumel many times before, and have exhausted many of the typical activity choices, including an island jeep tour, SUP at Mr. Sanchos, a trip over to Playa, a day at Paradise Beach, and shopping/exploring in San Miguel. We (my boyfriend and I) are active and enjoy activities like biking and kayaking. The only caveat is that my boyfriend has really expensive contact lenses that he absolutely cannot see without, that make water activities like snorkeling or swimming in a cenote, a no-go. Soooo... any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Happy cruising everyone! :D

Bar Hop highly recommended by many, including us.

We have enjoyed “Cooking with Josefina”, a good cooking class with local insight and trip to Mercado and Photography tours with Tati Biermas.

There is a new trike excursion; and a couple of electric bike excursions on east side, one at Punta Sur if I remember correctly. Just suggestions, - Google for details as I haven’t done them.

• 2 weeks later...

If you like to drink the Bar Hop is fun. You get to see the East Side of the island which is beautiful. It is a very social group event with about 20 people. You'll have to gauge if its your type of thing. I went with a group of friends and loved it. My husband would hate it. http://cozumelbarhop.com/

Cooking with Josefina was one of our favorite excursions out of around 10 in Cozumel. You do much more than cook. The class takes place in her home, so you get a glimpse of the culture. She takes you on a great tour of the market where you buy your ingredients. I think she has a maximum of 8 or 10 people so it is very personal and authentic. The feast at the end is amazing, and served with freshly made margaritas!

http://www.cozumelchef.com/services/authentic-mexican-cooking-classes/

Also, the Amazing Cozumel is a lot of fun and a little more active. There is one part where you snorkel, but only one of you has to do it, so you could do it. You will see parts of Cozumel that you would never see otherwise. We also really enjoyed lunch after the race at a local restaurant that we would have never found on our own. I highly recommend this one too. https://amazingcozumelrace.com/

I would do one of the cenote trips, and tell him not to dunk his face in the water. It really isn't necessary to do that. The ones like Rio Secreto have you walking in water most of the time, that is waist deep or shallower. He can't lose a contact in that. And they are SOOOOO worth it.

Nice Mayan lunches with those tours too.

We did an excursion called Salsa/Salsa It was a lot of fun They bus u to a resort where u make different types of salsa !!Drink tequila which must be watered down a little Afterwards they teach u the Salsa ??If you're not a salsa dancer They have a lovely pool to swim in & u can rent towels @

The front desk .Those who want to go back to ship after Salsa may but u can enjoy their pool & they will come back to pick u up The pool has a snack bar & bar Very affordable if u need extra to eat or drink?!The staff was great & friendly!! Came recommended from

Previous cruisers

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'd recommend going to Xcaret, an ecological park that has many things to do and see. Wildlife (birds, monkeys), floating down a river through caves, swimming with the dolphins (may be extra charge) are some of the many activities available. It's a lovely way to spend the day. This is likely an excursion for most cruise lines.

I'd recommend going to Xcaret, an ecological park that has many things to do and see. Wildlife (birds, monkeys), floating down a river through caves, swimming with the dolphins (may be extra charge) are some of the many activities available. It's a lovely way to spend the day. This is likely an excursion for most cruise lines.

We really enjoyed our two-day pass to Xcaret, from a land hotel in Playa.

I think it would be a rush from a cruise ship excursion, unless you really knew where you were going and what you wanted to do.

We immensely enjoyed playing laser tag in Chankanaab Park. That also leaves you the option to participate in some of their other high-adventure activities if you want.

We also wanted something “different” in Cozumel (especially because we will be there on Christmas Day) we are a group of 8 ranging in ages from 13-65 and thought the laser tag looked like a blast! It also includes the admission into Chankanaab Park so there is so many choices.

We immensely enjoyed playing laser tag in Chankanaab Park. That also leaves you the option to participate in some of their other high-adventure activities if you want.

Petroplex, if you are seeing this can you give some details on the laser tag? My biggest question is about the length of time you can play. Do you play until you are “hit” a certain number of times or are you able to play for the duration and at the end it says how many times you were hit? It could be kind of pricey if you can be knocked out if the game within 10 min! Can you tell I am unsure of my ability.... lol.

Thank you!

OP have a great cruise and let us know what you decide to do!!

Edited by xrayvin
Posted only the quote

Has anyone done the mini " speedboats"? I forget the name of the excursion that NCL offers for this. It's a little speedboat for 2 and you drive it to an island where you can snorkel then you drive back to the original beach and have lunch.

Me and my friends are doing “Flavors of Mexico: Chocolate, Tequila, and Tacos!” Its at the Discover Mexico Park. It sounded super fun to us cause you get to make your own chocolate bar and taste different types of tequila! You must book through Shore Excursions Group if you’re interested. It’s not through Carnival which might worry some but they have very good reviews!

For anyone who has been to Cozumel many times and have "been there; done that"...why not visit the Cozumel Humane Society and help them walk some dogs or play with some cats/kittens?

http://www.humanecozumel.org

Hi Betty. I LOVE this idea! Can one just show up to do this? Or do arrangements need to be made prior to arrival? Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Hi Betty. I LOVE this idea! Can one just show up to do this? Or do arrangements need to be made prior to arrival? Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

If there is a group of you I would make arrangements ahead of time. Laurita is wonderful and speaks English.

It is not far from the south end cruise piers so shouldn't cost too much but I wouldn't want you to go over there and there is a reason you can't visit. Check the website for their phone numbers and e-mail address. Tell them Betty suggested visiting. I volunteer doing transport runs to the Cancun airport. This is taking dogs over to the airport so they can fly to Canada or the USA to be adopted.

Sometimes the dogs need walks or just to play and socialize the puppies. They would also love donations too as sometimes we can't get things here on the island and we ask visitors to bring from Canada and US.

If there is a group of you I would make arrangements ahead of time. Laurita is wonderful and speaks English.

It is not far from the south end cruise piers so shouldn't cost too much but I wouldn't want you to go over there and there is a reason you can't visit. Check the website for their phone numbers and e-mail address. Tell them Betty suggested visiting. I volunteer doing transport runs to the Cancun airport. This is taking dogs over to the airport so they can fly to Canada or the USA to be adopted.

Sometimes the dogs need walks or just to play and socialize the puppies. They would also love donations too as sometimes we can't get things here on the island and we ask visitors to bring from Canada and US.

Thanks, Betty! I will contact Laurita. It will just be the two of us. I looked up the location last night, and it looks like it is just a 15 minute walk from Puerta Maya, so we would likely just walk over, unless there is some reason we shouldn't? We are flying to New Orleans to board the ship, but could possibly bring a few things. Thank you again for this great idea!

Thanks, Betty! I will contact Laurita. It will just be the two of us. I looked up the location last night, and it looks like it is just a 15 minute walk from Puerto Maya , so we would likely just walk over, unless there is some reason we shouldn't? We are flying to New Orleans to board the ship, but could possibly bring a few things. Thank you again for this great idea!

I did a Google Map search and yes it is only a 15 minute walk from where the Carnival ships dock but I wouldn't take the roads they suggested. I moved the path to more open roads and would use it instead which is just then 18 minutes. It would be even less if you are at the International Pier.

https://www.google.com.mx/maps/dir/Puerta+Maya+Cruise+Ship+Terminal,+Carretera+Chankanaab+km+4.5,+Costera+Sur,+77600+San+Miguel+de+Cozumel,+Q.R./Cozumel+Humane+Society,+Quintana+Roo/@20.4743728,-86.9759598,1187m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m24!4m23!1m15!1m1!1s0x8f4e5748bac98d29:0xec697a2a774f7a00!2m2!1d-86.974762!2d20.475822!3m4!1m2!1d-86.9690122!2d20.4763193!3s0x8f4e57469143804f:0x938eb6adad2954af!3m4!1m2!1d-86.9678051!2d20.475824!3s0x8f4e5746c81fff2d:0x519c44ad4a81c365!1m5!1m1!1s0x8f4e574717146579:0x37a36bb4f6e259f0!2m2!1d-86.9688839!2d20.473539!3e2?hl=en

When are you coming? And on what ship?

I did a Google Map search and yes it is only a 15 minute walk from where the Carnival ships dock but I wouldn't take the roads they suggested. I moved the path to more open roads and would use it instead which is just then 18 minutes. It would be even less if you are at the International Pier.

https://www.google.com.mx/maps/dir/Puerta+Maya+Cruise+Ship+Terminal,+Carretera+Chankanaab+km+4.5,+Costera+Sur,+77600+San+Miguel+de+Cozumel,+Q.R./Cozumel+Humane+Society,+Quintana+Roo/@20.4743728,-86.9759598,1187m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m24!4m23!1m15!1m1!1s0x8f4e5748bac98d29:0xec697a2a774f7a00!2m2!1d-86.974762!2d20.475822!3m4!1m2!1d-86.9690122!2d20.4763193!3s0x8f4e57469143804f:0x938eb6adad2954af!3m4!1m2!1d-86.9678051!2d20.475824!3s0x8f4e5746c81fff2d:0x519c44ad4a81c365!1m5!1m1!1s0x8f4e574717146579:0x37a36bb4f6e259f0!2m2!1d-86.9688839!2d20.473539!3e2?hl=en

When are you coming? And on what ship?

Fantastic! Thank you for this information. We will be arriving on the Carnival Triumph on Saturday, December 30. It occurred to me that the Humane Society may not be open on weekends, but I sent an email earlier this evening. I am hopeful that we will be able to visit & walk some sweet pups!

Fantastic! Thank you for this information. We will be arriving on the Carnival Triumph on Saturday, December 30. It occurred to me that the Humane Society may not be open on weekends, but I sent an email earlier this evening. I am hopeful that we will be able to visit & walk some sweet pups!

Yes they are open on Saturdays and even Sundays. Our saving grace as no vets work on Sundays and so many beloved pets have died on a Sunday not knowing this. Us included in December 2014.

Where are you from? Your posts don't show this.