Carnival Breeze review October 22nd

shevana

Hello everyone. I have never written a review on here before but just came off the Breeze and wanted to share my experience.

First off let me say this was mine and my husbands second cruise. We took our 19 year old son with us and this was his first. Our first cruise was on the carnival Dream and had the best vacation of our lives. That was 5 years ago. Since then I have went through a serious illness that is now in remission except I do get complex migraines every now and then.

We are from Kentucky and decided to just take our time and drive down. Since it has been so long since we have been on vacation my husband had some extra days he could take off work so that worked out well. Our cruise left on Sunday and we left the house thursday afternoon. Made a day stop in new Orleans and made it to Galveston Saturday morning. Spent Saturday night at gaido's. I highly recommend this little hotel. The breakfast in the morning is fabulous and the staff really make you feel welcome.

Now for the cruise lol. When we boarded the ship we went to have lunch. We weren't really impressed with the buffet good at all. And it really didn't get any better during the cruise. So mainly for lunch we ate at guys burgers, which was good or the Mongolian, also good.

When it was time to go to our room as we where walking down the hall I noticed a smell. It kind of smelled like rotten eggs or sewege. But it was just in the hall so I let it go. When I booked this cruise I was promised a 50 onboard credit as a promotion. So when we got to the room I checked our account to make sure it was on there. Now I know 50 isn't a lot to some but when you live on a budget and you vacation on a budget it can be. Well the money didn't show up on my account. I went to guest service waited in a long line asked about it and was basically told I would have to wait until I got home and call carnival. Lol I'm like I won't need it then. Ok. I let that go.

The next morning we wake up and smell rotten eggs. I should tell you our room was on the 9th floor aft. I will never book another room at the front of the ship. I also wake up with a terrible headache. You see smells are one thing that trigger migraines. I go down to guest service and explain this to them. Ask to be moved and they tell me they can't move me they gave no available cabins. We find out later they did because they moved other people for various reasons. We dealt with this smell for 6 out of 7 days. And I was sick from it for most of the cruise. They refunded us 200. But honestly I think they should offer us a discount on another cruise. I had to go see the doctor on board and they knew how sick this was making me. Totally ruined our vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Were you at the front or the aft? You said aft but then said front, I'm curious because we have booked front on the Breeze for our next cruise.

I'm very sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable vacation. :(

Ty. It wasn't all bad. We missed our port in grand Cayman which was one of the main reasons we booked this cruise due to bad weather. But we had fun in Cozumel. We where in cabin 9467 which is in the back of the ship.

I was on this cruise on october 15th so one week before you. I noticed the back of the ship had a really bad smell. Floors 3, 4, & 5 all had the rotten egg smell. It made the piano bar pretty unpleasant.

All in all though, I really enjoyed the Breeze. I was in the front of the ship. It was quiet most nights except for the night they did the party at 11:30pm. The ship is big, but it didn't feel difficult to walk around, and rarely was it super crowded in areas. The buffet is crowded on every single ship the first day when you board. I also had to wait 20 minutes for food. That is just how it is.

Why did you miss the grand cayman port? I did the kayak then boat to stingray city and it was awesome. If you get a chance, I really recommend the grand cayman. It was my favorite stop.

We were on the Breeze also, We were in cabin 10258 and did not experience any bad odors.

We missed Grand Cayman because the tenders could not load passengers safely because of high seas. I really felt bad for the people that had not been to Grand Cayman before. It is such a beautiful island and the reimbursement for missing this port was minimal. Carnival did try to make it an enjoyable day at sea.

Yes we parked our car at gaido's and they took us to the port the morning of the cruise. It was included in the price of the overnight stay. But you have to take a taxi back to your car when you return