2019 Grandeur Cruises

ap872913

I was on the Christmas cruise, and the booking people on board said the boat had been sold. The Grandeur of the Seas will end in October of 2019. There has been no announcement as to whether there will be a replacement boat placed in Baltimore or not. In my opinion, if they haven't put up cruises after October for Baltimore, but they have for the other locations, we are not getting a replacement boat.

The NextCruise rep from the Ukraine repeated the same rumor in January. It was news to the service desk personnel I asked. Apart from that single unverified source, there isn't any information I've found to corroborate the future plans for Grandeur and for Baltimore.

One RC unofficial blog lists the ships RC is slated to build. (Google "royal caribbean ships being built)

All are either Oasis, Icon or Quantum class ships - much larger than can be accommodated in Baltimore. If the Vision class is to be phased out, RC would have to buy another similarly sized ship to continue in Baltimore. Hopefully this is all idle speculation, and hopefully RC will make their plans known for Baltimore.

The NextCruise rep from the Ukraine repeated the same rumor in January. It was news to the service desk personnel I asked. Apart from that single unverified source, there isn't any information I've found to corroborate the future plans for Grandeur and for Baltimore.

One RC unofficial blog lists the ships RC is slated to build. (Google "royal caribbean ships being built)

All are either Oasis, Icon or Quantum class ships - much larger than can be accommodated in Baltimore. If the Vision class is to be phased out, RC would have to buy another similarly sized ship to continue in Baltimore. Hopefully this is all idle speculation, and hopefully RC will make their plans known for Baltimore.

I tried to book next year's Christmas cruise, and there is not one. I can book it on the other RC ships......

I tried to book next year's Christmas cruise, and there is not one. I can book it on the other RC ships......

Harveymart, What you mentioned, is that all of the Vision Class ships are not open for the Christmas 2019 bookings? And does that include the Radiance Class ships as well?

Other threads are leaning towards positioning one of the new ICON Class ships in Bayonne when they come out. But we've got a lot of time in between, RCI isn't known for talking too much about their plans until it gets much closer.