Dining question carnival glory

parkesyau

we are a family of 4 and I’ve selectef your time dining on our Glory cruise next month.

We want to see how it goes with the kids and whether they will ditch us every night for kids clu, hence leaving just the two of us.

As I understand when ready for dinner we go to dining room and wait in a line for a table. Can we have drinks while we wait?

What’s the difference between the golden and platinum restaurant and can we eat in both or is platinum just for platinum guests?

Elegant night seems to be a big thing do they serve seafood on these nights seeing as it’s fancy?

Thanks in advance so excited now

we are a family of 4 and I’ve selectef your time dining on our Glory cruise next month.

We want to see how it goes with the kids and whether they will ditch us every night for kids clu, hence leaving just the two of us.

As I understand when ready for dinner we go to dining room and wait in a line for a table. Can we have drinks while we wait?

What’s the difference between the golden and platinum restaurant and can we eat in both or is platinum just for platinum guests?

Elegant night seems to be a big thing do they serve seafood on these nights seeing as it’s fancy?

You will be assigned a dining room (it will be on your S&S card). I'm afraid that I don't know which on is for YTD on the Glory. Someone else will probably chime in here.

Yes, you just show up and check in like you do at a restaurant, and they will seat you. If the kids ditch you, just tell them how many people will be dining. All drinks go everywhere, so yes, enjoy a drink if you have a wait. They will normally give you a pager if you have a wait.

Elegant night will have a slightly more "upscale" menu with prime rib and seafood. Lobster tail is served on cruises of 6 nights or longer on the first elegant evening. Shorter cruises (I think) will have a lobster ravioli or something along that line.

There is usually a bar located outside of the dining area for consumption prior to eating, they will also serves drink to you at dinner or you can bring a drink in with you too....

What we do with our 7 year old is, he eats with us, but they will "express" kids meals a bit if you would like (my 7 year old can't hang for an hour and a half) and then one of us runs him up to kids club before our dessert arrives and we do dessert solo.....they will also have fruit waiting for your kids upon seating in you'd like so that they have something to start munching on right away...

We used to be dedicated late diners until three cruises ago when we tried YTD and really like it. If you don’t hit a log jam where they will give you a pager, the longest we ever waited was 10 minutes because we ask for the same staff. You can request dining alone, dining with others, and if you like the wait staff you can request them each night. Bring your drinks anywhere you want to at anytime. At any dinner you can ask for example, on elegant night, two lobster tails, two shrimp cocktails and two deserts. I order two lobsters, they are small. We have sailed the. Glory 5 times, it’s one of our favorite ships.

Platinum dining room (Aft) is for Traditional Dining, Golden (Midship) is for YTD. Your dining room will be printed on your S&S card. You cannot switch back and forth.

This isn’t entirely accurate.

Last month, I was originally assigned YTD in the lower level of the Golden Dining Room but switched to late fixed and was seated with other fixed late diners in the upper level of the Golden Dining Room.

There is a bar right outside the Golden dining room on the Glory, which is mid-ship and the bar was in the atrium. We typically grabbed a drink there while waiting for our pager to go off, and the bar was always busy.

They do serve lobster in the MDR on the first elegant night. They did not on the second elegant night.

Enjoy your cruise!

This isn’t entirely accurate.

Last month, I was originally assigned YTD in the lower level of the Golden Dining Room but switched to late fixed and was seated with other fixed late diners in the upper level of the Golden Dining Room.

OK let me rephrase - Platinum is for Traditional Dining only, and if you have YTD you will only be in the Golden. How's that?

OK let me rephrase - Platinum is for Traditional Dining only, and if you have YTD you will only be in the Golden. How's that?

With extreme sincerity, I in no way intended to slight your vast and much-appreciated knowledge. I myself should have phrased my clarification differently. Apologies for any misunderstanding.

With extreme sincerity, I in no way intended to slight your vast and much-appreciated knowledge. I myself should have phrased my clarification differently. Apologies for any misunderstanding.

No worries :D! I could have been a little more specific. I was just giving the generalization since OP stated they were assigned YTD so I knew they would be in the Golden and letting them know the Platinum was only for Traditional. Sorry if I came across short, I didn't mean to.

technically, FBW is correct as you can not switch back and forth. You might be able to change once, but not at your whim. We met some new friends, they were late, we were YTD and we wanted to eat together. The Maitre'd made an exception and changed them to YTD so we could all eat together.