New to Celebrity (Summit) - non alcohol package

cruisin0504

Hi all - when on RCI we purchased the non alcohol package and enjoyed it - mostly to get good coffee, bottled water, fresh squeezed OJ and brewed iced tea. I read recently that the coffee on Celebrity the coffee is actually brewed and is good, and I also saw fresh squeezed OJ on a menu. Could someone please share their thoughts on this? $44/day for the two of us. Thank you.

Hi all - when on RCI we purchased the non alcohol package and enjoyed it - mostly to get good coffee, bottled water, fresh squeezed OJ and brewed iced tea. I read recently that the coffee on Celebrity the coffee is actually brewed and is good, and I also saw fresh squeezed OJ on a menu. Could someone please share their thoughts on this? $44/day for the two of us. Thank you.

The coffee is pretty good in the Ocean View Café (buffet) and the MDR and so is the iced tea. It would depend on how much bottled water and fresh squeezed OJ of soda you drink.

• 3 weeks later...

I would not bother with the drink package, there are plenty of drink fountain options. My husband and I are big coffee drinkers and we found the coffee (I believe it was Lavazza) to be very good, a definite step up from RCL coffee, which is some of the worst I've ever had.

You can absolutely get along without a beverage package, but they are convenient.

Espresso-based nonalcoholic drinks are $5 each and bottled water is $4.50. The premium juices (frozen fresh squeezed OJ and grapefruit) is $3.50. It doesn’t take much to get to $22 a day.

A typical seaday for me would start out early with sometimes decent coffee (free) from the Oceanview cafe, returning later to the Oceanview cafe bar for an OJ ($3.50). Then on to Cafe Al Bacio for 1-2 lattes ($10 for two). Later in the day, back to the oceanview bar once or twice for San Pelligrino ($9 for two.) so far, at $22.50.

I think the price is good, as discussed OJ at breakfast, Non alcoholic cocktail, Water, soda, Coffee, etc more than $22

From the web site:

In addition to the Classic Non-Alcoholic Package inclusions, refresh with premium bottled water from Evian, Perrier & San Pellegrino, specialty coffees & organic teas, non-alcoholic frozen drinks & smoothies, Red Bull Energy Drink, coconut water and offerings from Vitamin Water.