Hair Dryer in Signature Suite on Neiuw Amsterdam

Docmama28

Hi everyone! I'm currently getting together my packing list for our Inside Passage cruise to Alaska on the NA on August 11. My question is: dare I leave my travel dryer behind? Are the dryers supplied in the cabins halfway decent? Thanks in advance. ;)

Hair dryer in the drawer by the make-up mirror desk. They are very adequate compared to a commercial 1600 watt home hair dryers. No attachments, only a few speeds, but I find I miss the one on the ship once I get back home and use my regular one. More powerful on the ship and dries faster.

The hair dryer works quite well according to my DW. We have stayed in a suite many times on various HAL and she always has used it - including four world cruises.

So, leave the travel one behind as she always does when we go on HAL.

harry

Actually all the passenger cabins on HAL have hair dryers. Once in a while the one you get won't work very well. If that happens just ask the cabin steward and they will get you a replacement.

I guess I am the one to differ. We stay in Neptune Suites and while the dryers are nice and powerful, I don't care for how they dry. I have thick hair and find the dryers take forever to dry my hair and also leave it dry and frizzy. I have a small & powerful dryer I travel with because it provides power and shine and non-frizz heat. Again - my preference.