Jamaica, Grand Cayman ports

jsf1980

We will be going to Jamaica and Grand Cayman and not looking to spend a lot of money on overrated excursions. Looking for good resorts to spend the day at and maybe do some snorkeling or kayaking. Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will be going to Jamaica and Grand Cayman and not looking to spend a lot of money on overrated excursions. Looking for good resorts to spend the day at and maybe do some snorkeling or kayaking. Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can't help with Jamaica we did a Carnival excursion. Grand Cayman however, you can take a taxi or bus to the Royal Palms Resort. It's a $2 entrance fee and you can sit on the Beach for free or they rent Chairs and Umbrellas. There is also a Bar/Restaurant where you can get food. The water is absolutely stunning!

Try resort for a day.com (take out the spaces). We've used them before, and they do seem to provide more for less than the cruise ship excursions. I don't think they do GC, though. Or shore excursioneer.com (also take out the space).

Have you been to Grand Cayman before?

This company is NOT over priced or overrated!

https://www.captainmarvins.com/

Not sure how good the snorkeling from shore is there?

I loved the snorkel and sting ray encounter.

Ditto on Captain Marvin's.. They were very reasonable, had a nice boat and a good crew.

Highly recommend.

Have you been to Grand Cayman before?

This company is NOT over priced or overrated!

https://www.captainmarvins.com/

Not sure how good the snorkeling from shore is there?

I loved the snorkel and sting ray encounter.

Thank you for reminding me to book Captain Marvin's for our October cruise! I have read many great reviews but never booked with them before. While reading the FAQs I found out that we can be dropped off on Seven Mile Beach instead of returning to the pier after the excursion, so I am even happier knowing that we can see the stingrays, snorkel, AND go to Calico Jack's that day.

We went to Secrets in Montego Bay on one of our cruises - adult all inclusive (including the towels). Our neighbors went to the Riu Montego Bay - he liked it, she didn't think the drinks were as good.

Grand Cayman, we usually just go walking - sometimes go to Paradise Grill? Anyway, if you walk out to the main street & take it to the right, it is a dining establishment there on the water with a great view of the ship. It's a pretty good walk - past the chain restaurants. Food is good - we had beer, so not sure what other drinks they offer. You can also rent snorkel gear - there are steps going down into the water and a very small beach area. There is also a larger place, only you walk to the left after getting off the tender. I'm not sure what the name of it was - it may have had the word White in it - if I can find it, I'll come back & post. My friend & I went there after snorkeling to wait for our hubbies to finish up their dive trip. It also sits on the water, so it's a good spot to relax.

Ok, I googled & it was actually Rackam's. Don't know where I got White unless it was some other place we passed.

Edited by dmdiver
add info