Carnival Elation 3/1/18-3/5/18

blondie151o

Sailed the Carnival Elation March 1-5, 2018 from Jax. We drove from Charleston, SC the morning of. I went with my mother, sister & cousin (who drove from Orlando, FL). I really enjoyed this cruise (beside the last day at sea- horrible seas. Couldn't even walk a straight line).

I loved the new upgrades & the room I had was comfortable- ESP those little twin beds ;) we stayed on the upper deck U181.

We had your time dining, but after the first night we req the same wait staff. Danielot & Phillips- abs wonderful guys!! Great service! Also our favorite bartender was Tomislav! Usually found in the back bar in Tiffany's.

In Freeport we took a van to Lighthouse Pointe at the Grand Lucayan. The van ride was 10$ PP round trip. BC of our late dock time at 1pm- we chose to pay the $20 PP to use their beach & pools. So we paid per drink/ food. There is an all inclusive option for 75$. This resort was beautiful! I've even looked at booking a trip just to the resort!

In Nassau we walked thru the market and on our way to Junkanoo beach. We chose Seagulls on the beach. Can't beat 4 bahamas mamas for 20$ and 3 beers & 3 shots for $10. The beach was crazy packed- so we sat at a table and enjoyed ourself.

Overall this cruise was awesome! Besides the horrible sea day we had.. the only other bad I would say is the debark process. We chose to carry off our luggage ... seemed to take forever regardless. But I am already looking at booking my next cruise!

*Will upload some pics below. Having an issue with photo size.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by blondie151o

If you upload your pics to Tiny pics dot com , it will return a link that you can use to easily post to the forums. But you did a great job. Your pictures are beautiful. That beach scene is amazing and looks like a postcard. We went to Freeport and Bahamas last year and would have loved this beach but we had fun with the two beaches we went to. Glad you enjoyed .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you upload your pics to Tiny pics dot com , it will return a link that you can use to easily post to the forums. But you did a great job. Your pictures are beautiful. That beach scene is amazing and looks like a postcard. We went to Freeport and Bahamas last year and would have loved this beach but we had fun with the two beaches we went to. Glad you enjoyed .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for the review, we love the Elation, cruised on her twice from NOLA, and once since JAX. We are on a 7 day on her in May (to ports we have never been to). Glad you had a good time, and your pictures were fine! We old blind people love big pics...LOL. Thank You.

I was on the 2/19 sailing and I agree, the ship looks great! I had an interior upper/lower on the riviera deck and I loved the stateroom. Especially all the new outlets for USB charging and the beverage cooler! In general I don’t hesitate to book fantasy class. The only thing I miss usually is dive in movies. Jaxport isn’t my favorite though. I’d definitely do elation again. Had a great time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk