Cheers Package Price Increase: $2 dollars more

shof515

This was bury in one of John Heald facebook blog posts things:

You see I was told that on January 1st 2018 the Cheers program will go up by $2 per day. Not a huge change and no other changes to the program such as drink limits, unlimited water and coffee etc. are happening, it’s just a $2 price change. Now I realise that the Cheers program is not for everyone but despite that I have to say it is massively popular and hundreds of people take advantage of this great deal each week on our ships.

So with that in mind I felt that I should let you know that if you have a cruise booked and you are thinking of the Cheers program please book it now, book it before January 1st and save yourself a few dollars.

That means the new prices are $51.95 per day plus gratuity if purchased pre-cruise and $56.95 per day plus gratuity if purchased on board

It's also here on Carnival's website: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3525/~/enhanced-cheers%21-beverage-program-q%26as

Does the package have to be purchased for the entire week or can it be purchased on a daily/a la carte basis?

The beverage package can only be purchased for the entire voyage at a rate of $49.95 USD per person, per day via Carnival’s website and $54.95 USD per person, per day if purchased once on board. Effective January 1, 2018, the price will be $51.95 USD per person, per day via Carnival's website and $56.95 USD per person, per day if purchased on board.

Thank you for the info. Now i have till Dec 31st to figure out if it’s worth it or not. Definitely would be if it was just for me, but since they make the wife have to get it as well, I’m not to sure if that will make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the info. Now i have till Dec 31st to figure out if it’s worth it or not. Definitely would be if it was just for me, but since they make the wife have to get it as well, I’m not to sure if that will make sense.

If she drinks at all, it's probably worth it. My fiancé doesn't drink a lot and rarely gets drunk, but with the package she enjoys her time so much more. Mimosas with breakfast. Frozen drinks by the pool. Wine at dinner. Not to mention the NA drinks like soda, water, Gatorade/Powerade. I usually end up around 8-12 a day, and she is 5-6. She borderline breaks even daily and I make it "worth it". Plus we can drink whatever we want and not the fosters all the time or have to worry about it. I still get 1 fosters, as a tradition.

You should try it (I am assuming she drinks). Even if you come out a little in the red, you might be surprised when there is no pressure.

So, $2 is going to make your decision? You seriously have to figure it out by Dec.31 over $2.

If she drinks at all, it's probably worth it. My fiancé doesn't drink a lot and rarely gets drunk, but with the package she enjoys her time so much more. Mimosas with breakfast. Frozen drinks by the pool. Wine at dinner. Not to mention the NA drinks like soda, water, Gatorade/Powerade. I usually end up around 8-12 a day, and she is 5-6. She borderline breaks even daily and I make it "worth it". Plus we can drink whatever we want and not the fosters all the time or have to worry about it. I still get 1 fosters, as a tradition.

You should try it (I am assuming she drinks). Even if you come out a little in the red, you might be surprised when there is no pressure.

Yes, she drinks. Just not like I do. lol But you do have a point with the Non Alcoholic drinks. She definitely has her coffee and other NA drinks. And the no pressure thing is also a great point. Thank you for your help.

$2 x 8 day cruise x 2 people. $32. If I had your money then maybe it wouldn’t matter to me.

Plus another 5 in gratuity.

$37 doesn't seem like a lot, but that could hypothetically pay for cruise transfers, half of faster to the fun, internet?

I agree, I want to save money wherever possible. Not like it would break the bank, but why pay more for something than you have too.

Plus another 5 in gratuity.

$37 doesn't seem like a lot, but that could hypothetically pay for cruise transfers, half of faster to the fun, internet?

I agree, I want to save money wherever possible. Not like it would break the bank, but why pay more for something than you have too.

Thank you. I appreciate that.

$2 x 8 day cruise x 2 people. $32. If I had your money then maybe it wouldn’t matter to me.

How could you possibly presume how much money I have? But based on a $2000 week, $32 should not break the bank. I do believe life is not always about the dollar. The way some talk about Cheers like it's a contest. If I don't feel well one day, I don't have to drink twice as much the next day to make up for it.