British Woman rescued after ten hours after falling from cruise ship

If I ever made a very stupid error of judgement or had a terrible unlikely accident and ended up going overboard off a cruise ship for however many hours you can be your arse I'd be writing a book about it!

I am sure people will read it too.

Suggested title - 'Going overboard for Swissmiss'.;p

Can see an exclusive story coming soon, produced by a chequebook journalist for a magazine or TV network.

Why should she be allowed to profit from an experience that disadvantaged other shipping in the area and presumably her fellow cruise passengers.

Why should she be allowed to profit from an experience that disadvantaged other shipping in the area and presumably her fellow cruise passengers.

It's life. Most things that people/companies profit from have some form of adverse impact to competitors/others. Basically, everything sold or produced has a resource cost of some form.

She shouldn't be able to profit but probably will try to. These days everyone wishes their last name was Kardashian........

Just as long as others don't decide to try the same for fame.

Unless proven otherwise, she has a story that people would find interesting and that means TV / Papers/ journos would likely pay for the exclusive. I don't agree with it but it happens all the time.

My insurance policy doesn't cover the cost of search and rescue by Government bodies, etc.

I don't think many would, even if they did, I am sure the conditions for pay out would be a no fault situation and if she jumped, it would be negated, if she was drunk and did something stupid, it would be negated. Either way I would be surprised if the Insurance company would pay out.

Wonder how many missed flights or other travel bookings due to the late arrival into Venice.

Where would they stand with their travel insurance? I read my policy booklet cover to cover but never seen mention of delay due to searching for overboard passengers.

Wonder how many missed flights or other travel bookings due to the late arrival into Venice.

Where would they stand with their travel insurance? I read my policy booklet cover to cover but never seen mention of delay due to searching for overboard passengers.

If you're covered for delay, you're covered for delay - unless it's an excluded event. And if it doesn't say searching for an overboard passenger is excluded, then it's not excluded.

As per usual it has proved my point that there are only 3 ways to go off a cruise ship. They are:

1.) murder

2.) suicide

3.) deliberate acts of carelessness/skylarking

As per usual the media just loves to push out "fake news" they just love fake news and people are gullible enough to believe it. I remember last time this happened on Pacific something this year and some gullible person suggested that I add a 4 to the different ways people can go off a ship. I stood my ground and was proven correct. I knew from the start that this woman did not fall off. It is an absolute certainty that the only way people can go off a cruise ship at sea and into the water is by the above three points.