On the Majesty in the bahamas right now - Our brew/pirate tour was cancelled

Yesterday our Bahams Brews brewery tour in Nassau was cancelled and RCCL refunded the $69 back to our accounts - that was cool but we were shocked when we went to the brewery ourselves and paid $13 FOR THE SAME TOUR! :beer-toast: Just an FYI.

Edited by 4merlurker

The only time I will book with Royal is if the excursion includes some kind of independent transport that is not easily available. A good example of that is any excursion that uses the ferry in Cozumel. I would not trust the ferry to be reliable to get me back to the ship on time given the distance and especially with the current environment these last couple of weeks.

Otherwise, you will find that Royal Caribbean charges up to 60% or more on top of what individuals will charge.

Examples. Bob Marley experience in Jamaica. Royal wanted 100/person to do that. I got a PRIVATE tour for 4, for $240.00.

Royal wanted to charge me $100/person to go to Fort Sumter in Charleston. I walked over to the port and paid $22.00 to go over.

Royal wanted to charge us 40/person for transfer to Horseshoe beach in Bermuda. We paid 14/person just taking a van (7 each way).

Yesterday our Bahams Brews brewery tour in Nassau was cancelled and RCCL refunded the $69 back to our accounts - that was cool but we were shocked when we went to the brewery ourselves and paid $13 FOR THE SAME TOUR! :beer-toast: Just an FYI.

$13 for ALL of the following (exact same tour)?

Bahama Brews - NSL3

"Join a voyage that transports you back in time to an age when piracy reigned and smugglers, scallywags, and vagabonds roamed Nassau’s streets. You’ll hear tales detailing pirates’ plights as you bar hop at the finest brews and get an authentic taste of history. Enjoy delicious three-ounce samples of nine locally crafted beers and indulge in tasty appetizers during your journey. Your festive crawl introduces you to the history, culture, and traditions of beer making. Discover Smuggler’s Beer Garden when you can enter a secret shaded courtyard to try Kalik beers and delicious conch fritters. The quaint colonial Hillside House is defined by its grandeur, history, and character. The building holds the fascinating artworks of Antonius Roberts, which celebrate Bahamian and African heritage. It is here you’ll receive delectable samples of Sands Beer and chicken wings. Close to the docks is the Pirate Republic Brewing Company. Here, enjoy a selection of extraordinary craft beers named after pirates, and munch on German pretzels. You can also visit the souvenir shop to collect some sparkling trinkets. Learn about the exuberant Junkanoo culture and delight in sips of all the flavorful suds the Bahamas has to offer. Then, independently amble back to port.

Highlights:

• Smuggler’s Beer Garden: Taste Kalik beers and delicious conch fritters.

• Hillside House Art Gallery and Studio: See fascinating artworks of Antonius Roberts, and sample of Sands Beer and chicken wings.

• Pirate Republic Brewing Company: Enjoy a selection of extraordinary craft beers named after pirates.

• Drinks: Sample delicious beers.

• Snacks: Indulge in conch fritters; sweet glazed chicken wings and German pretzels."