Pacific Dawn Video - Episode 4 of the Refurb.

Well, on Wednesday, Pacific Dawn departs Brisbane at 8 pm for a 3 day cruise to nowhere before it's refurb.

Can't wait to see what they do with it!! :rolleyes:

(Now........... no smart replies thanks! :D:D:D)

Well, on Wednesday, Pacific Dawn departs Brisbane at 8 pm for a 3 day cruise to nowhere before it's refurb.

Ohh! Have you heard any rumours about they are doing?

We'll be looking forward to your report after your June cruise Sandy.

Hopefully there will be lots of neat changes as the poor old dear was looking a bit worn in place when we were on board in March.:):p

We're considering a NZ cruise early next year and can't decide between PD or one of the Princesses.

I did have a list - somewhere :rolleyes: - but from memory:

Luke Mangan Salt Grill

Oasis on one of the back decks

New carpets - in the public areas at least

Something in the Palm Court Restaurant - for a start some of the tabletops are cracked and our waiter said they would be replaced.

Club lounge (pay for) in the Captain's lounge (I think I've read that - not 100% sure)

General painting and tidy-up.

That's a start - if I find the list will post it. Another member else had a list and hopefully will post it. :rolleyes:

I did have a list - somewhere :rolleyes: - but from memory:

Luke Mangan Salt Grill

Oasis on one of the back decks

New carpets - in the public areas at least

Something in the Palm Court Restaurant - for a start some of the tabletops are cracked and our waiter said they would be replaced.

Club lounge (pay for) in the Captain's lounge (I think I've read that - not 100% sure)

General painting and tidy-up.

Painting the funnel white and removing the stars :mad::mad: and putting a big P&O on the front like the Jewel and Sun.

That's a start - if I find the list will post it. Another member else had a list and hopefully will post it. :rolleyes:

Sandy

Like Dennis, I am also looking forward to a review from your Pacific Dawn cruise in June.

We will be on board in August, so we can get a chance to check out the changes for ourselves then.

That’s what I meant was the before 'before' pictures ;)

Cool :) and I look forward to seeing them.

Gee, I know I'm slack! I have got to work out how to get them from my obsolete programme on my computer onto a public photo site. My No 2 son is supposed to be sending me his old prog for my computer, but I'm still waiting..........waiting..............it WILL happen, eventually. :cool:

I hope they really go overboard and refurbish this ship to the nth degree. I am due to go on it in September.:D

Love to see some of the old photos, sandielle. Just so i will be able to marvel at any lavish changes they make.;)

Sherrie and Kiwi C, I had forgotten there are 3 pages of photos here from just after she arrived in Australia. Take out the Christmas decorations, and I don't remember high chairs at the patisserie, but this is what it's like. Carpets in some places now a bit stained and shabby. The wall paintings were still there, but I didn't notice them much.

http://www.cruise-australia.net/pacificdawn-photo1.htm

They definately need to refurbish the mini-suite we were in. It was very worn and stained in many places. Also the carpets in the passageways were quite worn.

It will be interesting to see after photos.

They definately need to refurbish the mini-suite we were in. It was very worn and stained in many places. Also the carpets in the passageways were quite worn.

It will be interesting to see after photos.

Yes, the carpets, especially near lifts, were stained badly, and I am sure they will replace those, but our oceanview cabin was in surprisingly good condition. Bathroom spotless and no damage, cupboard space was amazing. The paintwork was reasonably good, cracking a bit in corners, but what can you expect with a moving ship - something's 'gotta give'!

I think the state of the individual cabins depends on the many previous occupants - most people take reasonable care, others don't give a damn - witness the number of people who put their dirty shoes on train seats, for instance!

AND, irrelevant as it is on this list, I just have to say I was gobsmacked to note the following: I was driving on the 110kn section of the motorway to the Sunshine Coast a couple of weeks ago and this lone driver in front disappeared from view (leant down??) and the next minute, as he swerved, he threw a can out of the passenger side window! OMG!

(Sorry folks, my thought processes lead me astray sometimes - yes, I know - I'm a female!!! :D:D:D:)

The daughters contract is up on Saturday. If we are talking to her before then, I will ask her for a list and add if there is anything extra to yours Sandy. I'm sure they will replace the outdoor carpet on deck 14, it was pretty back when I visited the ship back in March.

I think she said there was a lot of crew changes during the dry dock. It will be interesting to see how many will be applying to transfer to the Pacific Pearl.

The daughters contract is up on Saturday. If we are talking to her before then, I will ask her for a list and add if there is anything extra to yours Sandy. I'm sure they will replace the outdoor carpet on deck 14, it was pretty back when I visited the ship back in March.

I think she said there was a lot of crew changes during the dry dock. It will be interesting to see how many will be applying to transfer to the Pacific Pearl.

That would be good, Kiwi Sailor. I know I didn't know it all, to begin with.

I'm hoping the waiter/asst waiter we had in Feb are still on it. Their contracts weren't up until later in the year and they both said they loved the Dawn as the staff were all happy and settled.

I'm getting interested again in Pacific Dawn. :) Might now look at a cruise over the Winter months now that I know she's being refurbished.

I wonder if they're going to give the Engine Room etc an overhaul as well?

Jillybean:)

I'm sure they will overhaul the engines, Jillybean. :D There are certain checks also that must, by maritime law, be carried out at certain times. I know my DH who is interested in those things, read it out to me one time, but it was all 'double-dutch' to me. :rolleyes:

Quote -" I don't remember high chairs at the patisserie, but this is what it's like. "

Those high chairs are surprisingly comfortable and you get a good view of the whole area from there. We sit there when we can't get a seat in the other comfy chairs.

Quote -" I don't remember high chairs at the patisserie, but this is what it's like. "

Those high chairs are surprisingly comfortable and you get a good view of the whole area from there. We sit there when we can't get a seat in the other comfy chairs.

So they ARE still there, are they? Must confess we didn't visit la patisserie at all for the whole 14 days as we did enough damage to our diets at mealtimes! :eek:

I think the Pacific dawn does not need a refurb, it all looks quite good, but putting some money into the engine room would not go astray.

I think as well as some refurbishments and additions, like Salt Grill, there'll be a lot of behind the scenes stuff too. I'd heard that the air-conditionig system will get an overhaul, and they usually do a lot of engine work and overhauling while it's out of the water, all of the things they can't do easily while it's still sailing.

I hope they don't change the decor too much, just new carpet would be good - but I really like the murals and paintings on the walls.

I hope they put up some progress reports and pictures on the Pacific Dawn bog on the P&O website.:)

Archived