Boston 2018

John Heald just mentioned on a live feed from his garden to be on the lookout for Boston home cruise port in 2018. That would be exciting! Flights are so expensive and we can drive to Boston. We actually took a 4 day Canadian cruise out of Boston in 2013 and while just one (rainy, foggy) port in Canada wasn't that thrilling, the best part about the whole thing was being able to drive and see the Carnival funnel! I wonder if it would only be Canada cruises or if they'd do Bermuda.

There's lots to see in Canada, the titanic museum, Peggys cove, Anne of green gables and the best lobster.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Oh, I know and I'd love to go to Nova Scotia. We just went to Saint John, NB on the four day and the rainy day didn't afford much sightseeing. And you had me at Titanic Museum! :D

i wonder what ship it will be. I have a feeling it might be taking away itinerary from the Sunshine out of NYC :(

I does make you wonder, doesn't it? With Vista and then Vista 2 coming in 2018; you'd think there are enough ports. But, Mobile is getting the Fantasy and won't the two ships going to China be gone by then?

That leaves the fleet with one less ship for the current ports and they're adding Boston? Even if it's like Norfolk with only a few cruises; it's spreading things thinner.

Port Canaveral is getting short-changed already. Next summer when the Sunshine goes up north, they will only be 2 ships (Valor and Magic).

Hey maybe the Jays will beat the Red Sox today lol!!! Everything good comes from Canada, Sidney Crosby comes from the east coast, great actors/ musicians so there's lots of desire to come to Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sailed out of Boston twice when the Glory was there. Both cruises were to Canada. I don't care where the ship sails to if I am on it and it also means not flying anywhere. ;) Besides, I love the Canadian stops and I live right next door! :p:)

I does make you wonder, doesn't it? With Vista and then Vista 2 coming in 2018; you'd think there are enough ports. But, Mobile is getting the Fantasy and won't the two ships going to China be gone by then?

That leaves the fleet with one less ship for the current ports and they're adding Boston? Even if it's like Norfolk with only a few cruises; it's spreading things thinner.

Port Canaveral is getting short-changed already. Next summer when the Sunshine goes up north, they will only be 2 ships (Valor and Magic).

Actually, RE-adding Boston. We are the ones that got short changed when they pulled their only ship out of there.

And one less ship for the current ports? Same number of ships holding the same number of people in the same fleet. Just some of us won't have to fly now to get there. :D

Actually, RE-adding Boston. We are the ones that got short changed when they pulled their only ship out of there.

And one less ship for the current ports? Same number of ships holding the same number of people in the same fleet. Just some of us won't have to fly now to get there. :D

I do understand your point about having ships leave from more ports so there is less flying. :)

Not to belabor the point; but Carnival doesn't leave from New York year-round, I don't recall Boston doing that either. As someone posted, it was a few cruises in the summer (kind of a seasonal homeport like Norfolk which I mentioned in my original post)? At that point, I don't know which port got short-changed when a ship would move north for the summer. I'm curious, how long has it been since ships left from Boston? Was it before the Spirit went to Australia?

As to the same number of ships in the same fleet: back to my original post. When you compare what we have in North America "today" - Vista plus Vista 2 = 2 new ships by 2018. But, Mobile is getting the Fantasy full-time and 2 ships are going to China. By my math there will be one less ship in North America.

I'm guessing Shof515 is correct is guessing they may take some cruises away from the New York summer ship (Sunshine or whatever it is in 2018) and sent some cruises to Boston.

Edited by CruzinScotty

Uh oh, I might be in trouble then! I already have a Vista 2 Med sailing that I want to book in 2018. Since it will be expensive, my plan was to do only one cruise that year. But a Boston to Bermuda cruise would be so tempting since we only live 30 mins north of Boston!

I do understand your point about having ships leave from more ports so there is less flying. :)

Not to belabor the point; but Carnival doesn't leave from New York year-round, I don't recall Boston doing that either. As someone posted, it was a few cruises in the summer (kind of a seasonal homeport like Norfolk which I mentioned in my original post)? At that point, I don't know which port got short-changed when a ship would move north for the summer. I'm curious, how long has it been since ships left from Boston? Was it before the Spirit went to Australia?

As to the same number of ships in the same fleet: back to my original post. When you compare what we have in North America "today" - Vista plus Vista 2 = 2 new ships by 2018. But, Mobile is getting the Fantasy full-time and 2 ships are going to China. By my math there will be one less ship in North America.

I'm guessing Shof515 is correct is guessing they may take some cruises away from the New York summer ship (Sunshine or whatever it is in 2018) and sent some cruises to Boston.

Don't care if it is year round and never made it part of this at all. If it is seasonal well that is when I will cruise. But please don't plead the case for ports that do have ships year round.

One less ship?! Please. They are building another as we speak.

Not to belabor the point; but Carnival doesn't leave from New York year-round, I don't recall Boston doing that either.

Carnival used to do year round cruising out of New York like what NCL currently does. carnival stop that about year ago. I was on the Splendor out of NYC in January 2014 :D

They tried to have Boston as a seasonal port (split from New York) a couple of years back and they could not sell the ship. My bet is if they do this, it will be along the same lines as last time and I really doubt it will be to Bermuda.

If the price was right, I bet I could convince my DH to go back to Canada! Part of the fun of a cruise is the ship itself! Reminiscing from our Glory cruise from Boston in 2013:

21340_10151739090294721_1542296918_n.jpg?oh=a22b5f8c4a597e17b2b1b0946d991ad7&oe=57D3AC1D

We were able to take DH's kids on this cruise because of the bonus of no flight cost.

999819_10151739089419721_1572713843_n.jpg?oh=fb252cc597a8294959739a1ca412563c&oe=57D28AB5

1005250_10151739089884721_1180125989_n.jpg?oh=29aa233d2433a87acbf56f57f51835f4&oe=57CD19A5

I'd love to take DH's parents or my parents again on a cruise. Or my sister and her family!

Edited by lovestocruise19

Hey maybe the Jays will beat the Red Sox today lol!!! Everything good comes from Canada, Sidney Crosby comes from the east coast, great actors/ musicians so there's lots of desire to come to Canada.

....and the Jays did win, though it was interesting at the end.

You are right...lots to see in Canada. As a Canadian, I'm not keen on spending US dollars to tour the Maritimes. The drive within Canada is gorgeous. Bermuda would be great. I would love to go to Boston for that!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Karlou

Since starting cruising in 2011, we've spent over $4,000 on plane tickets. A 7-day cruise out of Boston to Bermuda would be at least a once annual trip, if not twice - the flight savings alone would make that possible.

Crossing fingers:cool:

Would love to see Carnival sail out of Boston again...we did a cruise to Canada on the Glory a few years back...I have family there so usually make a trip up there a few times a year...wonder what ship?

We live an hour north of Boston so we have to fly to every port for our cruises. We were fortunate to sail Glory in 2012 and 2013 to Saint John, NB. We were equally fortunate to have beautiful weather both cruises.

Carnival Beards, if you are reading this, please, PLEASE bring long Caribbean cruises to Boston.

And.....relevance? :confused:

While I thought the same thing when I read the post, I believe the poster is saying there are other cruise options out there to do a Bermuda cruise out of Boston. All that being said, Carnival has not had a very large presence in Boston and as I stated before, it was at least mildly discouraging (some might say due to the northbound itinerary). Add to that until recently there Bermuda cruises where minimal, it does not bode all that well for a sudden jump in Bermuda cruises. But I have been surprised before.....