Dinner Buffet Photos at 7pm Monday 19th. February

nikkiw60

Great and generous contribution of your time and sharing your cruise with us. (y):ship:

Very admirable.

Thank you.

Although you might have previously stated, did you take these pictures from your iPhone?

Also, did you compose these posts and upload the pictures on your iPhone (Tapatalk just text or pictures also?) or tablet.?

A comment on the seafood tower at the C-bar; we're gonna do that one. Looks great.

Then a comparative comment on the 'buffet issue (but limited in certain levels).

As stated previously, on MSC Divina we went there only to get the incredible slices of pizza (best at sea IOO). We did walk around the entire buffet area checking it out and it was always bustling with a lot of people with a lot of food. Looked like other current cruises of ours on different lines (the people) but the food did look different (some just hints of different ways they cooked) and it wasn't stacked up to the brim of numerous stainless steel bins. It looked the used serving containers that were smaller and refilled more often. We can say that the variety wasn't the same as what we later actually experienced on the NCL Escape in December or the Anthem of the Seas in January. However, we really can't comment on the quality of the food as, other than the pizza, we didn't eat there (we had the YC on Divina) as we did on the other recent ships mentioned. Will definitely take a closer look this time.

One item my wife noticed on recent Anthem of Seas 12N cruise in which we did go for breakfast at the buffet daily and some pickings for lunch, the MEAT CARVING (regardless of ham in the morning, roast beef or pork at lunch) on the AOS just weeks ago a large meat would be brought to the cutting board and immediately sliced completely! The server was inside the canopy of that area taking care of refills on all 4 sides, but he only came to the carving station to restack the meat and accompanying sauce. My wife said it looked DRY DRY DRY. It looked like the caving station was LIVE on Seaside, and FRESH CUTS were made for each passenger with a plate? The rest of the offerings, for us with a unique plant based diet w/certain meat and fish proteins, were very good at both B and L.

The month prior we were on the NCL Escape. We were not in the Haven that cruise, so we used the buffet like we did on the AOS for B and L. We found everything in the buffet on Escape excellent in all regards, with more than everything we eat (and temptations close by).

For some reason I have had to download tapatalk to be able to upload my photos this trip, it has never been a problem before!

I am using an iPhone 6s

I am taking photos to add later or taking photos directly and posting as I go along.

I have just done a screen shot now to add7017c4e733a991373bd45dee340e6db6.jpg

If you want to add a photo you have previously taken when you start your post a + sign will appear click on that and then click on the image after the camera one.

You can only post 6 photos in each post.

And for some reason we have just slowed right up again almost to a stop!

Time to get my binoculars out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For some reason I have had to download tapatalk to be able to upload my photos this trip, it has never been a problem before!

The icon for inserting photos on the Cruise Critic app disappeared a couple of weeks back, Nikki. I, too, have to use Tapatalk for uploading photos now and I use a Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge.

The icon for inserting photos on the Cruise Critic app disappeared a couple of weeks back, Nikki. I, too, have to use Tapatalk for uploading photos now and I use a Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge.

Thanks Bea I thought I had done something to the settings on my phone.

Exactly!! I wonder where they’ve all gone, those “there’s nothing to eat but hamburgers and fries” types. [emoji23] Anyway, that’s beside the point now, nikki has kindly taken the time to post these lovely photos, and I am extremely grateful to her for doing that. Thank you nikki! I’m sure by now you know how envious (and hungry) we are, thanks to you! Hope you’re having fun! [emoji3]

Well I'm one of the negative dinner buffet people and I have to say I didn't see nearly this variety on the Jan 20th sailing! Maybe they have improved things since then, or maybe it was the time we would hit the buffet? not nearly this much choice whenever we went. I will say, running out of things seemed to be an issue, so it's possible that was the case . They also had a struggle keeping clean cups and plates refilled at the buffet when we were there......

• 3 months later...

Thanks Nikki, your photos have been very helpfull. It gives us some idea of what to potentially expect when we get on Seaview in a weeks time that is if they do the same sort of dishes in the Med. My wife is vegan and we weren't too enamoured with what MSC were offering in the dining room on Splendida a couple of years ago. She is reluctant to give the MDR a go at the moment so its looking dinner buffet for us.

This was what was available on the smaller buffet in the evening I believe it has now changed (for the better) to the larger deck 8 buffet.

We thought this was ok btw!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This was what was available on the smaller buffet in the evening I believe it has now changed (for the better) to the larger deck 8 buffet.

We thought this was ok btw!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks much. Great to hear.