Dinner Buffet Photos at 7pm Monday 19th. February

nikkiw60

Thank you. now we can see all this bur;pgers and fries only . People who doses not know what it is just Google it:rolleyes:.

I don't recall seeing any burgers in the photos LOL. I did see hotdogs. I too hope what was shown wasn't all that was at the buffet. As I am not a salad person so the entire salad bar is something I wouldn't eat at. Did see some other different options. Though if these were the options at the smaller buffet on 16 for dinner, perhaps the lunch on 8 had more choices.

Though I can say I have never gone hungry on a cruise, though I have been on a few that I ate the same things quite often during the week. For me I think the Disney buffet has been the best I have seen on any ship so far, and oddly Royal has been my least favorite.

OMGOSH!! Thank you so much Nikki!! I appreciate the extra effort you have made to provide more detailed information. Sending you lots of great karma :)

...... I don't think it's fair to compare Seaside's food to the Sapphire Princess, in all fairness, given the smaller passenger size, better crew-to-passenger ratio and higher prices on the Princess ship.

I never thought DCGuy and I would see eye to eye on any issue related to MSC, but low and behold he posts a sentence that wins my internet today! The number one thing that potential MSC cruisers should keep in mind is that this is a VALUE oriented cruise line. It's not fair to expect MSC to provide you with champagne on a beer budget. Realistic expectations are your best friend.

PS: For those looking at a last minute deal, Prices dropped again this morning :)

I don't recall seeing any burgers in the photos LOL. I did see hotdogs. I too hope what was shown wasn't all that was at the buffet. As I am not a salad person so the entire salad bar is something I wouldn't eat at. Did see some other different options. Though if these were the options at the smaller buffet on 16 for dinner, perhaps the lunch on 8 had more choices.

Though I can say I have never gone hungry on a cruise, though I have been on a few that I ate the same things quite often during the week. For me I think the Disney buffet has been the best I have seen on any ship so far, and oddly Royal has been my least favorite.

I think you will find that the lunch buffet on deck 8 has many more choices and will come close to the offerings on other mainstream lines. The dinner buffet on deck 16 is the bone of contention for many people who prefer to skip MDR meals. Unlike many other ships this size, this buffet on deck 16 is the only complimentary option after 3:30 when the real buffet on 8 closes.

I think you will find that the lunch buffet on deck 8 has many more choices and will come close to the offerings on other mainstream lines. The dinner buffet on deck 16 is the bone of contention for many people who prefer to skip MDR meals. Unlike many other ships this size, this buffet on deck 16 is the only complimentary option after 3:30 when the real buffet on 8 closes.

That was what I assumed too, though we don't tend to do the buffet for dinner. Though who knows where we may end up on our sailing since we are booked under the Bella category. Can't wait till May gets here though to experience the ship for ourselves.

The burgers are packaged in the orange boxes. They seem to have three or four types of burgers available throughout the cruise. They have burgers which are served with sauteed onions and a special sauce, burgers with cheese, plain burgers and they had one other variety which escapes me right now.

That was what I assumed too, though we don't tend to do the buffet for dinner. Though who knows where we may end up on our sailing since we are booked under the Bella category. Can't wait till May gets here though to experience the ship for ourselves.

For clarity sake and to put your mind at ease a bit, since you booked bella so you will probably be assigned the deck 8 buffet PHYSICAL SPACE. They do attempt to make it as nice as possible. Your table with have white linens and you will be served off the regular menu. During dinner, this buffet restaurant doesn't serve buffet food. It morphs into a dining room. So, even if you are assigned to eat in the marketplace buffet restaurant, you won't be eating food off a buffet. Does that make sense?

I would agree this does not seem on the same scale and variety of other lines- HOWEVER- there is still choices and if you can't find one thing you'd like to eat on that buffet you are a very picky eater. While not expansive and lavish it looks fine to me.

All I want is a decent salad bar :(

I am sorry but that is the most unappetizing display I have ever seen in a buffet. There are also considerably less choices which makes it difficult for someone who doesn't want the MDR to find something to satisfy them. I can't even tell what half of that stuff is.

I could care less about dinner buffet options....That is not an option for me and wife on cruises...... BUT Have you tried Carnival's dinner buffet??? I see no difference. And I am a Carnival supporter. I was on the Vista ...3 months ago and the choices looked no different when we walked through one evening. ..... As others have said.... If it doesn't look like it will meet your needs....look at alternatives. Thanks Nikki...you are going above and beyond to share these wonderful pictures and information!!!

I could care less about dinner buffet options....That is not an option for me and wife on cruises...... BUT Have you tried Carnival's dinner buffet??? I see no difference. And I am a Carnival supporter ..... As others have said.... If it doesn't look like it will meet your needs....look at alternatives. Thanks Nikki...you are going above and beyond to share these wonderful pictures and information!!!

TOTALLY agree with lcpagejr!! :D I've cruised on Carnival, as well, and agree that nikki's awesome pictures show a buffet completely in line with Carnival's offerings (and, for that matter, Royal Caribbean's). Nikki is really generous with her time (and internet package, LOL) to share these with us. :D

For clarity sake and to put your mind at ease a bit, since you booked bella so you will probably be assigned the deck 8 buffet PHYSICAL SPACE. They do attempt to make it as nice as possible. Your table with have white linens and you will be served off the regular menu. During dinner, this buffet restaurant doesn't serve buffet food. It morphs into a dining room. So, even if you are assigned to eat in the marketplace buffet restaurant, you won't be eating food off a buffet. Does that make sense?

I do know it isn't the buffet, but if we eat lunches there, I really would like the atmosphere of someplace different for dinner - if that makes sense. I don't eat in the buffet area generally at dinner mostly in that I just like the different atmosphere of the dining room. I am hoping that they may also look at how long ago we booked the sailing and hopefully assign that space more to interior bella's if needed over those who booked a balcony.

Oddly when we booked there really was no different between Bella and Fantastica, other than room service. And the extra cost made no sense to only be able to get room service. We actually like our Bella location over the Fantastica option (We are on deck 10 and near the elevators).

I could care less about dinner buffet options....That is not an option for me and wife on cruises...... BUT Have you tried Carnival's dinner buffet??? I see no difference. And I am a Carnival supporter. I was on the Vista ...3 months ago and the choices looked no different when we walked through one evening. ..... As others have said.... If it doesn't look like it will meet your needs....look at alternatives. Thanks Nikki...you are going above and beyond to share these wonderful pictures and information!!!

Lots more choices on Carnival. I can have buffet, Guy's Burgers, Blue Iguana, pizza, deli all included.

I always thought Carnival was the budget line but nope, they are positively luxurious when it comes to choices.

I do know it isn't the buffet, but if we eat lunches there, I really would like the atmosphere of someplace different for dinner - if that makes sense. I don't eat in the buffet area generally at dinner mostly in that I just like the different atmosphere of the dining room. I am hoping that they may also look at how long ago we booked the sailing and hopefully assign that space more to interior bella's if needed over those who booked a balcony.

Oddly when we booked there really was no different between Bella and Fantastica, other than room service. And the extra cost made no sense to only be able to get room service. We actually like our Bella location over the Fantastica option (We are on deck 10 and near the elevators).

You're not alone being upset with this arrangement. Lots have voiced a hesitation about ambiance, but some have reported that the marketplace buffet is quieter. Nikki posted pictures of the deck 8 buffet set up for dinner. You can decide how cafeteria like it is. Nikki also reported that her fantastica cruise mates were assigned the marketplace buffet dining area, so it's not just Bella :(.

PS: For those looking at a last minute deal, Prices dropped again this morning :)

Not on the 3/24 Cruise (stateside)...Showing sold out. Prices also the same for the following 2 weeks according to my Internet agency options. I haven't seen any drop...but in fairness I am not an advanced planner. I start pricing options 3 to 4 months out

You're not alone being upset with this arrangement. Lots have voiced a hesitation about ambiance, but some have reported that the marketplace buffet is quieter. Nikki posted pictures of the deck 8 buffet set up for dinner. You can decide how cafeteria like it is. Nikki also reported that her fantastica cruise mates were assigned the marketplace buffet dining area, so it's not just Bella :(.

I saw that too, overall we aren't going to care one way or the other if we can order the same food. It didn't look awful, though it also didn't quite look like the dining room. Though I can say on the Divina the dining room was quite crowded when we sailed, so the other area might have a bit more room.

Lots more choices on Carnival. I can have buffet, Guy's Burgers, Blue Iguana, pizza, deli all included.

I always thought Carnival was the budget line but nope, they are positively luxurious when it comes to choices.

Wrong wrong wrong... We are talking dinner buffet. Those venues close before dinner (unless you eat dinner at 5:30). Blue Iquana closes mid afternoon...Guy's at 6pm....Pizza is your only option after 6....as it is available on MSC. and I don't consider the deli a option. Room service can easily match that

We're comparing buffet to buffet, and on that score, they're identical. Not really fair to call out the specialty food areas on Carnival (although I liked them a lot!), because that's not what MSC offers. It'd be like saying MSC's selection of foreign newspapers or Italian gelato beats Carnival's. Well yeah, because they don't offer them. Let's stick to comparing apples to apples here, thanks. For what it's worth, we're paying less for an Aurea balcony cabin than we did on Carnival and it includes free drinks (unlimited). Carnival's Cheers package is positively ASTRONOMICAL in comparison (not the Cheers package itself, mind you, just the total cost of Cabin + UBP). ;)

Wrong wrong wrong... We are talking dinner buffet. Those venues close before dinner (unless you eat dinner at 5:30). Blue Iquana closes mid afternoon...Guy's at 6pm....Pizza is your only option after 6....as it is available on MSC. and I don't consider the deli a option. Room service can easily match that

True they close super early, my biggest complaint with Carnival is that both of those areas should be open for late night snacks. I really think the tacos and burgers should be open until 11-12 PM. For instance the tacos close down at 2, why can't they reopen from something like 6-11. I often eat a late breakfast, then our dinners are late, I loved the idea of tacos around 4 and alas, never available.

I am sorry but that is the most unappetizing display I have ever seen in a buffet. There are also considerably less choices which makes it difficult for someone who doesn't want the MDR to find something to satisfy them. I can't even tell what half of that stuff is.

Reminds me of a song by two London singers called Chas and Dave ... "There ain`t no pleasing you" ... ;p

I agree. More variety than some have said but totally uninspired and visually unappealing. Luckily DH and I prefer the MDR but for anyone who likes to eat at the buffet this would be a major disappointment.

Sent from my iPad using Forums