Verizon

cruisinconfusion

Has anyone heard of having a Verizon plan that included Canada and Mexico automatically with a regular US plan? We stopped in a Verizon store and were told the plan we have covers Canada and Mexico. I have not heard that before, we were planning on signing up for the $5 a day plan.

Has anyone heard of having a Verizon plan that included Canada and Mexico automatically with a regular US plan? We stopped in a Verizon store and were told the plan we have covers Canada and Mexico. I have not heard that before, we were planning on signing up for the $5 a day plan.

I have had Verizon for years. Signed up for the Canada/Mexico many years ago. Months when I'm still in USA no charge, but when I do go to Mexico every winter the extra charge is added. No need to contact them before each trip, it becomes part of your plan

I signed up for Travel Pass, $5 a day surcharge to use my voice/text/data plan in Canada.

This message may have been drafted using voice recognition. Please forgive any typos.

We went to Banff in January and didn't do anything extra to our Verizon - we'd asked ahead of time and were told Canada/Mexico were included for data/text/calls. Worked fine, no problems. So we're not planning on doing anything different for the Vancouver - Alaska cruise....

My Verizon plan covers Canada without an extra charge. When I initially got Verizon, there was no extra charge with my plan, then for a while it didn't and there was a per day Travel Pass charge, later I got a notice that it was free again.

I'm signed up for Travel Pass; used it for Japan at the beginning of this trip.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Yes, with the new Verizon Plan Unlimited you can make calls, send texts and use data within Mexico and Canada:

Unlimited calls

Unlimited messages

512 MB/day of 4G LTE speed data*

I've got the original "New Unlimited Plan" before they split it into two tiers (I think it was only around for a couple of months before they turned it into the current edition). Nice to have it included.

If you have a plan older than that, then you may have to add some kind of travel plan.

And note that switching to a newer plan might trigger re-validating the source of your current discount. For us, that would probably result in a permanent loss of 10% of our current 29% discount.