Dawn- Family Suite and Room Service

Lissie555

We have never been charged anything. You do call your butler, not room service. You will be tipping the butler . We do it at the end of the cruise.

First time in a Suite, what is the normal tip for a butler that provides typical service on a 10 day cruise ?

First time in a Suite, what is the normal tip for a butler that provides typical service on a 10 day cruise ?

Oh good lord you just opened up a can of crap-storm as you have never seen before. Some people will say that it depends on how often you use them (they are not included in the DSC). Others will say $7-$/10 per person per day in your room, which can be a bit excessive depending on how may people are in your room.

Oh good lord you just opened up a can of crap-storm as you have never seen before. Some people will say that it depends on how often you use them (they are not included in the DSC). Others will say $7-$/10 per person per day in your room, which can be a bit excessive depending on how may people are in your room.

Opps didn't mean to step in 'it' just never had a butler before :) thanks for letting me know they're not included in the DSC which is already higher than normal cabins so I thought they would be included.

I reason that the DSC is higher for the suites because, for the family suite, the steward is cleaning TWO bathrooms and TWO bedrooms. So a suite is going to be more work for them. Although each person is paying that amount....oh well...kinda makes sense...

Janice

I reason that the DSC is higher for the suites because, for the family suite, the steward is cleaning TWO bathrooms and TWO bedrooms. So a suite is going to be more work for them. Although each person is paying that amount....oh well...kinda makes sense...

Janice

No, not correct. The Family suite (SD) does not have 2 bathrooms and 2 bedrooms.

As far as why it is different, we here can all surmise why but none of us really know. It used to be the same for all rooms. Under FDR it has been increased over the other rooms and for a short time NCL said it was higher to account for tips for butlers but then it was quickly retracted.