Fall Transatlantic - Sunsets from balcony

Islander500

We are scheduled on a TA traveling from Lisbon to Miami in the fall. I have read that there will be more sun throughout the day on the port (southern) side of the ship. But if we enjoy watching sunsets from our balcony, should we select a port or starboard cabin? I have read posts that differ on this.

Thanks all.

You will be north of the equator at all times on this cruise, so the south side of the ship will be better than the north side for sunsets. But since you will be sailing west, the best view will be facing forward. If you don't want to spring for a CO suite, investigate the Living Room for quiet sunset viewing (with a glass of wine or cocktail).

You will be north of the equator at all times on this cruise, so the south side of the ship will be better than the north side for sunsets. But since you will be sailing west, the best view will be facing forward. If you don't want to spring for a CO suite, investigate the Living Room for quiet sunset viewing (with a glass of wine or cocktail).

Thanks Jazzbeau.

I’ve gotten myself confused from reading too many differing posts on this. :')

We are booked on the port side and will stay where we are. I’d love to spring for a suite but that’s not in the cards. Not familiar with the Living Room as this is my first Azamara cruise but will keep your suggestion in mind. I’ll definitely be packing my sunset viewing sunglasses. :cool:

Much appreciated!

Thanks Jazzbeau.

I’ve gotten myself confused from reading too many differing posts on this. :')

We are booked on the port side and will stay where we are. I’d love to spring for a suite but that’s not in the cards. Not familiar with the Living Room as this is my first Azamara cruise but will keep your suggestion in mind. I’ll definitely be packing my sunset viewing sunglasses. :cool:

Much appreciated!

Hi Islander500,

Our Living Room is the forward public space on Deck 10 with plenty of windows. There you'll find comfortable chairs and couches, as well as a low-key bar, the card room, and the internet space called In Touch. There are treats to eat, and at times wine tastings in the Living Room. It's a lovely space.

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/int/life-onboard/bars-lounges-gathering-spots

Enjoy your holiday, and I hope you'll check back in with your impressions of your first cruise with us!

I agree. Unless you have a forward facing cabin you won’t see the sunset on either side from the balcony. I’ve got a favourite spot outside, but if I told you I’d have to kill you! Lol

Phil

Travelling westbound on a TA and if it is warm enough (or use one of their blankets) I would recommend spending time on the sofa type chairs on deck 11 sundeck. Many of these a positioned so you are shielded from the wind yet have amazing views. So quiet up there and you can take a drink there .....either a cooling strawberry daiquirie or a hot liqueur coffee! We have spent many hours up there....Victoria Harbour HK, Halong Bay and in Kotor.

I agree. Unless you have a forward facing cabin you won’t see the sunset on either side from the balcony. I’ve got a favourite spot outside, but if I told you I’d have to kill you! Lol

Phil

Hahaha. I guess I’ll have to figure it out for myself.

Travelling westbound on a TA and if it is warm enough (or use one of their blankets) I would recommend spending time on the sofa type chairs on deck 11 sundeck. Many of these a positioned so you are shielded from the wind yet have amazing views. So quiet up there and you can take a drink there .....either a cooling strawberry daiquirie or a hot liqueur coffee! We have spent many hours up there....Victoria Harbour HK, Halong Bay and in Kotor.

Thanks Santrah.

I’ll definitely check that out but let’s not tell Phil. ;)

Phil

I know about the Swiss Army Knife, and the fabled French Army Fork -- what would you use, a British Army Spoon? [sorry, there were no more implements left...] ;p

Hi Islander500,

Our Living Room is the forward public space on Deck 10 with plenty of windows. There you'll find comfortable chairs and couches, as well as a low-key bar, the card room, and the internet space called In Touch. There are treats to eat, and at times wine tastings in the Living Room. It's a lovely space.

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/int/life-onboard/bars-lounges-gathering-spots

Enjoy your holiday, and I hope you'll check back in with your impressions of your first cruise with us!

Thanks Bonnie. Looking forward to it.