Rotterdam forward cabins lower promenade

Skoogs

Good day,

I’m looking to book the 22 day TA on the Rotterdam, leaving April 8th out of Tampa, our first TA. I’m looking at cabins 3100 thru 3116 obstructed view, anyone have any insight or stayed in these cabins. Was there any noise from stage above or anything funky about these cabins?

We were on the Rotterdam last March for a couple of weeks in a Lanai, my DW loved it. We looked at the obstructed view OVs and thought, yeah, we could do that. Two years ago we did a 2 week Alaska on the Maasdam in an OV on the main deck and we liked how quite it was and we are hoping it’s like that on the lower promenade.

FYI- I did look at h- rhymes with cat.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I once sailed in one of the most forward Lower Promenade cabins on that ship for 33 days; I don't remember the cabin number. My cabin was in the first group from the forward doors.

I didn't hear a thing from the show lounge, but I was always up and out during the last show. I don't recall any noise during daytime rehearsals, but I don't know that I was there much. Not a lot of help there.

I was on a round trip to Europe out of NYC, and on the way over we were in a terrible storm of 38 hours with 55' seas, with a big wave of 80'. It was rough in that cabin, but then, it was rough everywhere on the ship during the storm. I wouldn't say it was any rougher that far forward, though.

It was very easy to get to/from muster drill, since there were so few people coming from that area. No crowds to fight!

There was some noise in the morning when the stewards were washing down the deck.

I liked the cabin, and the location, although my preference is between the forward and mid-ship elevators. It was easy enough coming home from entertainment venues late at night.

I am assuming you mean cabins 3300---

We have a long history with the Lower Prom cabins. Ruth, as expected, has done a great job summing up the experience.

I would add: if you are anywhere near the doors to the outside deck, you can hear them slamming in the wind; if they are adjusted poorly, they tend to bang about. Some of these cabins have very restricted views with no real view and you do see a lot of pax out on the deck and they can see you at night if the curtains aren't drawn. This is a consideration for some.

Love the Rotterdam, such a comfortable ship!

I’ve put together a melage of views as seen standing in front of the windows of each of these cabins. The photos were taken on the amsterdam but I’ve adjusted the cabin numbers to account for any cabin numbering differences between the ships.

https://limitedviewcabins.wordpress.com/r-class/rotterdam/

I hope they’ll be useful.

Roy

I once sailed in one of the most forward Lower Promenade cabins on that ship for 33 days; I don't remember the cabin number. My cabin was in the first group from the forward doors.

I didn't hear a thing from the show lounge, but I was always up and out during the last show. I don't recall any noise during daytime rehearsals, but I don't know that I was there much. Not a lot of help there.

I was on a round trip to Europe out of NYC, and on the way over we were in a terrible storm of 38 hours with 55' seas, with a big wave of 80'. It was rough in that cabin, but then, it was rough everywhere on the ship during the storm. I wouldn't say it was any rougher that far forward, though.

It was very easy to get to/from muster drill, since there were so few people coming from that area. No crowds to fight!

There was some noise in the morning when the stewards were washing down the deck.

I liked the cabin, and the location, although my preference is between the forward and mid-ship elevators. It was easy enough coming home from entertainment venues late at night.

Wow! 38 hours of 55’ seas. Yeah, I’d be sick as any greenhorn.

Thanks for the info on the cabin, it really helps put my mind at ease.

I’m sure my DW, who is not a fan of the lower decks will be ok with one of the froward cabins.

I’ve been reading your blogs for years on CC and I always enjoy your insights and wit.

Thanks again for taking time to respond to my questions.

I am assuming you mean cabins 3300---

We have a long history with the Lower Prom cabins. Ruth, as expected, has done a great job summing up the experience.

I would add: if you are anywhere near the doors to the outside deck, you can hear them slamming in the wind; if they are adjusted poorly, they tend to bang about. Some of these cabins have very restricted views with no real view and you do see a lot of pax out on the deck and they can see you at night if the curtains aren't drawn. This is a consideration for some.

Love the Rotterdam, such a comfortable ship!

Hi Silver to Gold,

Yes, I did mean 3300. I agree Ruth summed up the cabin experience quite nicely.

I agree with you about the doors, they can slam quite hard at times.

I always wondered how people felt with cabins next to the door.

That would drive me crazy.

We don’t mind the restricted view, because it still lets in light, my DW wants to be close to a door (claustrophobia) or stairs/elevator and save money. Kind of a tall order! Hahaha....

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my questions.

I’ve put together a melage of views as seen standing in front of the windows of each of these cabins. The photos were taken on the amsterdam but I’ve adjusted the cabin numbers to account for any cabin numbering differences between the ships.

https://limitedviewcabins.wordpress.com/r-class/rotterdam/

I hope they’ll be useful.

Roy

Hi Roy,

Thank you for giving me the link to the photos, they were quite helpful, and thanks for taking those photos. That must of been quite the project!

I hope you have a fantastic time on your upcoming world cruise!

Hi Silver to Gold,

Yes, I did mean 3300. I agree Ruth summed up the cabin experience quite nicely.

I agree with you about the doors, they can slam quite hard at times.

I always wondered how people felt with cabins next to the door.

That would drive me crazy.

We don’t mind the restricted view, because it still lets in light, my DW wants to be close to a door (claustrophobia) or stairs/elevator and save money. Kind of a tall order! Hahaha....

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my questions.

Considering your wife's wishes, you likely have the best solution in these H and HH cabins. I am pretty sure there are also doors forward onto the deck by cabins 3300/3301.

Have a great cruise!!