yacht club on msc

espresso68

is the extra money worth it to book a yacht club suite on msc

I compare it to flying First/Business class as opposed to Economy/Coach. You're on the same vessel, arrive at the same time & place but in a lot more comfort and more perks. If it's within your budget, go for it.

Let me add that I've sailed Divina in both a regular balcony cabin once and twice in the Yacht Club. I loved the Yacht Club but I also had a great cruise in the regular balcony. I disagree with the opinion that you should avoid MSC unless you spring for YC. Read NoName's recent and ongoing review of her cruise in a regular balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I, too, have sailed in both balcony and YC cabins. While I love the YC experience, I've also enjoyed sailings when I wasn't in the enclave. DH and I spend our evenings in the various bars & lounges outside YC, enjoying the entertainment (evenings in YC are very sedate) and always got an all-inclusive drinks package even when in YC because of this. From April, YC guests will be able to avail of free drinks around the whole of the ship which is a very welcome new addition to all the other wonderful benefits of YC. If the price suits your wallet go for it!

I'd only sail MSC again if:

1) I could book YC

or

2) They fixed their disorganization issues

That being said:

Can you afford YC?

Look at the price difference between Fantastica Balcony vs. YC. Is is "worth" it to you for the price difference?

For *me*, it was not. Our 10-night cruise was $1049/pp (plus taxes and fees) for B2 (Fantastica Balcony). the YC Suite was $2849/pp (plus taxes and fees). So essentially we could get almost 2 more cruises for the price of one MSC YC. Would we have had a better time (probably assuming they didn't screw up everything), but for *us* it wasn't worth it. although it would've been nice to actually have had a pool to be usable, not to mention chairs to use in the sun, and probably would've had a better/faster MDR experience as well.

If I won the lottery, then it would be no issue.

But only you know your budget and what you can comfortably afford.

Will it guarantee you have a better time, no. (MSC can screw up things just as well for YC bookings as any other regular booking). We all had the 4+ hour embarkation time (even YC members) on our cruise, for example.

I compare it to flying First/Business class as opposed to Economy/Coach. You're on the same vessel, arrive at the same time & place but in a lot more comfort and more perks. If it's within your budget, go for it.

Agree with your comment we always fly first class and the YC is the best would not travel any other way.

Whether the YC is worth the extra money is a subjective thing. For us, the YC on the Divina was the best experience we have had at sea (23 cruises). So we would agree with many of the posters here: if your budget permits, then do it.

is the extra money worth it to book a yacht club suite on msc

IMO it's not only the suite that you should consider, its the entire Yacht Club experience..From the exclusive boarding experience to the private lounge and pool area to the dining in Le Muse and the fantastic service the Yacht Club is the best bang for your buck.. Well worth the money

We've cruised twice so far in YC on the Divina and on the Preziosa. We have three more YC cruises booked on the Fantasia and one on the Divina. IMO it's the only way to go. When you experience it once, you won't be satisfied with any other form of cruising.

I agree. We have done two cruises in YC totaling 28 days, have a 19 day re-positioning coming up in March (YC) and have booked a 29 day cruise in YC (managed to snag the Royal Suite on this one) for 2018.

My wife would not cruise with any other cruise line and insists upon the YC. The experience is well worth the extra.

I have a balcony cabin booked on Splendida in March with an all inclusive drinks package on deck 10. Found out yesterday we have been given a free upgrade to a YC suite on deck 16, guess I should be happy? 1st time cruising with MSC. What is different about YC to what we had?

I have a balcony cabin booked on Splendida in March with an all inclusive drinks package on deck 10. Found out yesterday we have been given a free upgrade to a YC suite on deck 16, guess I should be happy? 1st time cruising with MSC. What is different about YC to what we had?

You don't say what you've experienced before or if you originally booked a Bella, Fantastica or Aurea 'Experience' balcony. Also, you've had your cabin upgraded but not the "Experience".

Here's a link to what the 'Experiences' are:

http://www.msccruises.ie/en-ie/Cruise-Deals/Our-Fares.aspx

According to one poster who got an upgrade to YC you won't get the perks of YC. I've no idea what 'perks' they didn't get as I can't imagine you won't get butler-assisted (priority) boarding for instance. Also, YC is a separate area on the ship so I can't see from where perks could be withdrawn. Perhaps the free mini-bar perk will be withheld :confused: It'll require someone else who received this upgrade to answer this.

You don't say what you've experienced before or if you originally booked a Bella, Fantastica or Aurea 'Experience' balcony. Also, you've had your cabin upgraded but not the "Experience".

Here's a link to what the 'Experiences' are:

http://www.msccruises.ie/en-ie/Cruise-Deals/Our-Fares.aspx

According to one poster who got an upgrade to YC you won't get the perks of YC. I've no idea what 'perks' they didn't get as I can't imagine you won't get butler-assisted (priority) boarding for instance. Also, YC is a separate area on the ship so I can't see from where perks could be withdrawn. Perhaps the free mini-bar perk will be withheld :confused: It'll require someone else who received this upgrade to answer this.

Many thanks for your reply.

We booked a Fantastica cabin with benefits. As I say we also already have an all inclusive drinks package.

We have done 9 cruises, our first was an inside cabin (this was all that was available) after the cruise we said we would always be happy as long as we had a balcony in future. We did one cruise in outside cabin as no balconies on ship, and that was fine. One cruise our cabin was on the stern, last cabin available, not so keen on that.

To be honest we have often found a huge amount of snobbery attached to cruising and so much comparing of ships and cruise lines. Personally I feel totally privileged to be able to cruise and love it. We have numerous holidays a year and I feel so people complaints totally crazy, but we are all different. This will be a first with MSC and am soooooo looking forward to it whatever it brings. I will read your attachment with interest, thank you very much.

Many thanks for your reply.

We booked a Fantastica cabin with benefits. As I say we also already have an all inclusive drinks package.

To be honest we have often found a huge amount of snobbery attached to cruising and so much comparing of ships and cruise lines. Personally I feel totally privileged to be able to cruise and love it. We have numerous holidays a year and I feel so people complaints totally crazy, but we are all different. This will be a first with MSC and am soooooo looking forward to it whatever it brings. I will read your attachment with interest, thank you very much.

You're going with a great attitude - I'm sure (and hope) you will have a wonderful cruise - YC is fantastic! Your drinks package inclusion is bound to be honoured so you can enjoy the bars and lounges outside of the YC area too. I've been in YC and it's nowhere near as snobby as my experience in a suite on Celebrity. We ended up dining in the main dining room on that one - even though they had a dedicated restaurant for suite guests - something I never even contemplated doing on 3 YC cruises - in fact, we took most of our meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner in the YC restaurant.

Enjoy your upgrade! ;)

Here's another link you may find useful:

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/en-gb/Why-MSC/MSC-Yacht-Club.aspx

You're going with a great attitude - I'm sure (and hope) you will have a wonderful cruise - YC is fantastic! Your drinks package inclusion is bound to be honoured so you can enjoy the bars and lounges outside of the YC area too. I've been in YC and it's nowhere near as snobby as my experience in a suite on Celebrity. We ended up dining in the main dining room on that one - even though they had a dedicated restaurant for suite guests - something I never even contemplated doing on 3 YC cruises - in fact, we took most of our meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner in the YC restaurant.

Enjoy your upgrade! ;)

Here's another link you may find useful:

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/en-gb/Why-MSC/MSC-Yacht-Club.aspx

Oh, thanks again! you can't beat advice from people who have actually had the experience! lol

If you are YC does that mean you do not eat in the other dining areas then?

Incidentally, my favorite Cruise was with Celebrity :) it was an amazing cruise but not YC lol

Oh, thanks again! you can't beat advice from people who have actually had the experience! lol

If you are YC does that mean you do not eat in the other dining areas then?

That's correct . The YC dedicated restaurant is a far superior offering to the MDR - currently outside the YC enclave at the other end of the ship. It's Anytime dining - you'll be asked at embarkation what is your preferred dining time - they like you to stick with that but you can have the concierge contact the restaurant if you wish to make changes.

Incidentally, my favorite Cruise was with Celebrity :) it was an amazing cruise but not YC lol

In our case it's a "Never again!"