Melbourne airport to cruise ship terminal cheapest way

Keep your eyes open when at the luggage carousel you might find another couple of people with the cruise ship luggage tags and you could share a cab or even a maxi cab which are usually available.

Good tip, we have utilised that once before.

There are some risks with the taxi price as well due to traffic affecting travel time but Uber's system of surge pricing is a bit of a rort.

I think it's reasonable - it's demand based pricing, to encourage more drivers out on the road, and discourage people adding to the load at peak times.

It works too - some drivers do come out only/esp when there is a surge on, and some people will delay travel when prices are high.

I think it's reasonable - it's demand based pricing, to encourage more drivers out on the road, and discourage people adding to the load at peak times.

It works too - some drivers do come out only/esp when there is a surge on, and some people will delay travel when prices are high.

Some of the surge pricing by UBER is ridiculous though, up 200% in some cases.

To the OP there is cheap and cheap. You are spending a few grand on your cruise don't penny pinch over around $20 - $30. Reduce the stress at the start of the day and catch a cab. You are going to feel stressed enough flying in on the day of sail away don't in crease the levels

To the OP there is cheap and cheap. You are spending a few grand on your cruise don't penny pinch over around $20 - $30. Reduce the stress at the start of the day and catch a cab. You are going to feel stressed enough flying in on the day of sail away don't in crease the levels

I agree, for the difference of $20, it so much easier to just cab It in than to catch multiple modes of transport.

Said almost the same thing on this Thread over a week ago,agree entirely Beano.

I am flying in on the day of the cruise in March going to Singapore I only want a one way fare to cruise terminal. Does anyone know is there a shuttle bus that will drop you off at the port and about what price would it be. Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm from Melbourne & I think the public transport system is quite good but even so, I'd hesitate to have too many different transport changes when trying to get to a cruise when you really do need to be on time.

There are some issues to consider with public transport.

1. In peak times it can be very crowded. Do you really want to be lugging big suitcases and hand luggage onto potentially packed trains or trams?

2. On public transport you can't just hop on or buy a ticket, you need to buy a myki card first. I'm not sure of the minimum you then have to deposit into the myki account. If you're looking at only one trip, why bother setting it all up. There should be a tourist option but at the moment there isn't.

My advice.

a) a taxi direct from airport to cruise terminal.

b) You could get the airport bus to Spencer street as others have suggested, and then get a taxi in the city.

Option A is slightly dearer but probably faster and less hassle.

All other options involving multiple bus/train/tram changes **shudder** don't do it to yourself.

Yesterday, I disembarked in Melbourne from a P&O cruise. I purchased a bus transfer from P&O on board for $18.00AU, to Tullamarine airport. When the bus arrived at the Station Pier to pick us all up, it off loaded a number of people traveling on the next cruise, which It had picked up from the Airport. Have you enquired with your cruise line or TA if airport to ship transfers are available?

Have seen a bus which indicates it is a shuttle service from airport to cruise ship, but can't remember the name. Will keep a look out for them and post if I see them again. This would be the quickest and possibly cheapest option if only you. More than one person taxi would also be a viable option.