Barcelona Sights

We'll be in Barcelona post-cruise 8/11-8/14. We have a list of places to go and things to do, but not really a set itinerary. We want to see Sagrada Familia, Parc Guell, Cathedral, Marketplace on La Ramblas, beach, maybe Mozart Museum. Should we try to pre-book any of these things? Do any of these places (aside from the beach) have a dress code we need to be aware of? I've been very focused on the ports, but not as focused on what we are doing once in Barcelona. Thanks for the help!

Even though it is a church, la Sagrada Familia does not have a dress code. The Cathedral, however, requires covered shoulders. I did see someone turned away in a spaghetti-strap top. They'd probably have an issue with ultra-short shorts, but I did see people in regular length shorts there.

We'll be in Barcelona post-cruise 8/11-8/14. We have a list of places to go and things to do, but not really a set itinerary. We want to see Sagrada Familia, Parc Guell, Cathedral, Marketplace on La Ramblas, beach, maybe Mozart Museum. Should we try to pre-book any of these things? Do any of these places (aside from the beach) have a dress code we need to be aware of? I've been very focused on the ports, but not as focused on what we are doing once in Barcelona. Thanks for the help!

If you want to go inside Sagrada Familia , you can prebook online.

I recommend Barcelona Day Tours for a one day tour. It doesn't include going inside Sagrada Familia, but you can go back to go inside. There is a METRO stop close by. You can do all of those sites on your own via HOHO bus or Metro, but having a guide makes a huge difference.

Don't miss the Barcelona City Museum near the Cathedral in the Bari Gothic area.

Also, for a good restaurant, I recommend ATN, which is close to Las Ramblas (north end, east side). It is near the area where some Roman tombs are found.

For Tapas, I recommend Cuines Santa Caterina, which is 100Meters east (across the street) of the Cathedral in the Bari Gothic area.

Here is an excerpt from my cc review:

We had dinner at ATN, which was located close to a Roman excavation of tombs just off Las Ramblas on Canuda Street. The restaurant was open, even though it was about early by Spanish dinner standards. We had a wonderful meal with great service. Separate checks were not a problem with a party of six and credit cards were accepted. The next day, we had dinner at small tapas restaurant near the Plaza Sant Just on Palma De Sant Just. That restaurant, Bodega LaPalma, was not modern like ATN, but small and rustic. The tapas were excellent, with large servings for very reasonable prices. I highly recommend both restaurants.

Thanks so much for the replies!

4774Papa, Thanks for the restaurant and tapas recommendations. Would those places work for a large group with children. We are three families w/ 10 children total ranging in age from 8 to 16.

We bought a two day ticket on the Bus Turistic. First thing in the morning we took the blue route to La Sagrada and then to Park Guell. That way we got two of the things we wanted to see done first. We went back to La Sagrada on the 2nd day. Only waited about ten minutes to get in. On the morning of our cruise we walked the Ramblas (before it got crowded) and had breakfast at La Boqueria.

Thanks so much for the replies!

4774Papa, Thanks for the restaurant and tapas recommendations. Would those places work for a large group with children. We are three families w/ 10 children total ranging in age from 8 to 16.

Cuines Santa Caterina is a popular place and busy, but there is a fair amount of seating. I would give it a try.

We did Bodega LaPalma in the evening as a meal. It is a small place, but it accommodated our group of six easily. You can make reservations.

• 2 weeks later...

You should think about a private tour. We just returned this week and loved Jose from Pepito Tours. He picked us up at our hotel, did a Monseratt tour, then the next day he picked us up at the hotel, luggage and all, we did a city tour and then he dropped us off at the ship. He was fantastic and interesting. The teens and adults, loved him

Archived