Flight from Quito to Baltra - rollerboard storage?

Jay Bee

Hi. On the flight Celebrity uses from Quito to Baltra (Galapagos), does anyone know if a rollerboard will fit in the overhead storage bins? If the plane is on the small side and you have to gate check rollerboards, then I will rethink my packing.

Thanks.

You should have been provided with info on suitcase size limits for checked and carry on items. I'm sure you'll find this info on the Just Back Xpedition thread. 20" seems to be what I recall, but it could be 21" for carryons.

Thanks, I'll check that thread. We received no information at all. They just kept telling me I didn't need to do anything but show up. :(

They use a typical Boeing 737 or Airbus 320, similar to many airlines in the US. If you can take it on the flight to Quito, you won't have a problem.

Our plane wasn't nearly so big as an airbus nor was it as big as a typical 737. It was a charter that only had the passengers for XPedition on it. Perhaps this varies week to week but that was what we experienced last year.

The Just Back thread has tons of helpful info. However, even though there were warnings about suitcase size and weight, I don't recall anyone saying they had a problem and don't recall this being checked. The one thing they do pay careful attention to is fluids in the luggage. On the flight from Quito to Baltra you cannot have any fluids in your checked luggage, but can have them in carry-ons. I of course left a water bottle in my suitcase and needed to open it up at that airport to remove the bottle. Then on the flight from Baltra back to Quito or to Peru you can't have liquids in your carry-ons, but can have them in checked luggage. We were able to transport a bottle of wine in our checked bag.

Thanks, I'll check that thread. We received no information at all. They just kept telling me I didn't need to do anything but show up. :(

Once you arrive at the Marriott Celebrity takes care of almost everything. They tell you what to do with your bags, where to meet for meals, the plan for the next day, etc. It really is a soup to nuts trip. Feel free to ask whatever questions on the Xpedition thread. Lots of people enjoy reliving their experience by responding to questions. My DH and I had a great time answering last night's Jeopardy questions about the Galapagos. :)

Here's the thread in case you have difficulty locating it.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2069149&page=160