booking the Bliss and need some Experienced advice

misha1

Hello NCL cruisers...I am looking at a 7 night Caribbean on Bliss and I have only sailed NCL once in Hawaii. I am very familiar with the Celebrity product. The cruise we are looking at takes us to Great Stirrup (sp) Cay. I have read a little on the official web site but I am wondering what people thought of the Cabana rentals.

Are they open to any cabin class?

What is the average rental price?

There are 6 of us...will there be 6 chairs?

If you have the Ultimate beverage package, does this transfer to the private island or are drinks extra?

Is the food extra?

Do you tender in?

How far is it from the tender port to the Cabanas?

Is there preferential tendering?

And, now a couple of general ship questions...

What is the difference (besides price) between a mini suite and a balcony cabin?

What is the difference between a "large balcony" and a regular balcony?

Are the "shows" first come first serve, and is there a fee?

Where will Bliss dock in NYC? Bayonne or downtown?

Thanks in advance, Julie

That would be nice and dreams sometimes come true, but not this one! Dam, UBP stays on the ship. :')

Norwegian's Ultimate Beverage Package includes a variety of spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to and including $15 USD and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and the Great Stirrup Cay. - LINK

Are they open to any cabin class? Yes

What is the average rental price? Varies by ship & sailing. We don't have history for Bliss yet.. but for Epic next month, large cabanas are $599 for all day.

There are 6 of us...will there be 6 chairs? Yes. Small cabanas have seating for 6, large cabanas for 8.

If you have the Ultimate beverage package, does this transfer to the private island or are drinks extra? UBP is included.

Is the food extra? The burgers, dogs, ribs buffet is included. You also get a voucher with you cabana rental that can be used for things like shrimp platters.

Do you tender in? Yes

How far is it from the tender port to the Cabanas? It's a bit of a hike, but there is a tram.

Is there preferential tendering? Yes, you get priority tendering with cabana rental

Hope this helps...

Other answers:

- yes, cabana rentals are open to all and are first come, first served

- rental price varies by ship and whether you are renting a small or large cabana. Expect to pay in the neighborhood of $500 (total, not per person). Large cabanas are likely about $50 more than the small ones.

- there will be enough chairs and/or loungers to fit the maximum occupancy of the cabana.

- as I noted in an earlier reply, UBP works on GSC. Your cabin attendant will bring you drinks all day long. Enjoy!

- cabanas come with a $50 food and beverage credit that can be applied to a specialty cabana menu. We fed 5 of us generously with the credit. The cabana should also come with chips and salsas, a fruit basket and bottled water. The buffets on GSC are also free. Since we last visited, there may now be a specialty dining on the island that would carry a cost, but most other food items are likely free.

You do tender in. Cabanas get priority tendering.

Small cabanas are further away from the dock than the large cabanas, but there are shuttles than move around the island that can minimize the distance.

Minisuites are typically slightly longer than a balcony and often have a larger bathroom (some with a tub). Otherwise, they are very similar.

Large balconies can be 2x+ the size of regular balconies — definitely large enough for loungers and a table.

No fee for shows, unless there is a dinner show (like Cirque dreams or other “dinner theater” type shows). You can make reservations ahead of time for the headliner shows via your My NCL page.