Holland House in St Maarten

Has anybody been here lately? Not finding too many places to go in St Maarten for our cruise in a few weeks and this one didn't sound too bad.

Tried to email the place but got no reply.

Also posted on the ports of call board a week ago and while my post got 125 views it got zero replies. With only a handful of post per day in the St Maarten forum posting here.

Really have no idea where to go for a beach for the day after doing a lot of searching.

TIA

Bill

Has anybody been here lately? Not finding too many places to go in St Maarten for our cruise in a few weeks and this one didn't sound too bad.

Also posted on the ports of call board a week ago and while my post got 125 views it got zero replies. With only a handful of post per day in the St Maarten forum posting here.

Really have no idea where to go for a beach for the day after doing a lot of searching.

TIA

Bill

The public beach has been nicely cleaned up and most of the bars are open again. Some of the restaurants are gone, but when I was there in January, they were feverishly (well, for the Caribbean) rebuilding.

TIA

Bill

We were in St Maarten 10 days ago. Holland House is open for business (restaurant and sun loungers for the beach), as are most of the bars on the Boardwalk. No shortage of vendors wanting to sell their sun loungers and drinks

If you just want to park yourself on the beach for the day, why not go to Orient. Lovely beach, chairs and food and drink are now available on both the clothing optional section and the regular section

I have been to that beach area twice in the last two months. Beach is in very good shape with most all places open. Holland House was up and at 'em at a decent price. We walked about 50 feet down to Nu. It was the best price we found. Umbrella, two loungers, 6 beers or 5 sodas(?), wifi (we didn't use or try), and restroom access. $20 total. The frozen drink I had there was mediocre. AliBaba will take care of you.

Holland House looked nice, also. A bit more expensive and fewer beers.

The ferries have been using two docks. From the primary one where the boats advertising Diamonds International dock by the gift shop, turn right. You will get to Nu first; Holland House is just past it.

There are MANY choices. Their deals are posted on sandwich boards in front. Pick what looks best.

The days were enjoyable there.

If you just want to park yourself on the beach for the day, why not go to Orient. Lovely beach, chairs and food and drink are now available on both the clothing optional section and the regular section

Orient Beach and everything on it was destroyed in the hurricane. They are not back in business yet.

I have been to that beach area twice in the last two months. Beach is in very good shape with most all places open. Holland House was up and at 'em at a decent price. We walked about 50 feet down to Nu. It was the best price we found. Umbrella, two loungers, 6 beers or 5 sodas(?), wifi (we didn't use or try), and restroom access. $20 total. The frozen drink I had there was mediocre. AliBaba will take care of you.

Holland House looked nice, also. A bit more expensive and fewer beers.

The ferries have been using two docks. From the primary one where the boats advertising Diamonds International dock by the gift shop, turn right. You will get to Nu first; Holland House is just past it.

There are MANY choices. Their deals are posted on sandwich boards in front. Pick what looks best.

The days were enjoyable there.

so where do you get on the ferry at and how far from the cruise port?

Bill

The ferry is just outside the port. I personally always walk to town - it's not that far.

I don't drink, so the number of beers offered wasn't an issue to me, but I did notice as I walked past the Holland House last month that their loungers looked far more comfortable than those of its neighbors. I made a mental note that it was going to be where I landed the next time I went to St. Maartan.

Orient Beach and everything on it was destroyed in the hurricane. They are not back in business yet.

Well I was there in November and February and very much back in business, 2 beach bars, both with food, bathrooms, chair rentals, massage and gift/souvenir shop, not to the level pre Irma, but busy non the less, taxis coming from the cruise ships on ship days and always one or two taxis ready to take folks back to the ship. The locals need the business, spreading rumors that they are out of business is not going to help them rebuild further.