Gala nights on Prinsendam?

theduffys

It wasn't a trans-At, but it was two separate cruises of two weeks each, in Europe (which is typically dressy attire).

I saw a lot of tuxedos, but also saw suits, blazers both with and without tie, and a few people without jackets at all.

Your husband will fit in, not to mention meet the code, with blazer and tie.

I just sailed on her twice, in July 2016 and just in May 2017. My husband who is not a dress up kind of guy but always suffered in bringing a nice jacket and tie on other cruises did not the last two times on the Prinsendam. He brought a real nice sweater to put over a dress shirt and tie and was just fine. One of the cruises was Europe and the other was a transatlantic so I can speak for both. A few men really dressed up but most are just in sports coat or sweater like my husband. Most if not all did wear a tie (my husband does not mind bringing that-easy to pack:D)

I just sailed on her twice, in July 2016 and just in May 2017. My husband who is not a dress up kind of guy but always suffered in bringing a nice jacket and tie on other cruises did not the last two times on the Prinsendam. He brought a real nice sweater to put over a dress shirt and tie and was just fine. One of the cruises was Europe and the other was a transatlantic so I can speak for both. A few men really dressed up but most are just in sports coat or sweater like my husband. Most if not all did wear a tie (my husband does not mind bringing that-easy to pack:D)

I can second that. We have just come back from two different Prinsendam cruises to the north and the south of Europe and tuxedoes or long dresses were definitely worn by only a minority. We saw a lot of sports coats and such, but there was a high number of passengers who did not dress up at all . As the Lido buffet offered many of the dishes from the MDR menu even on Gala nights, that seemed to attract a lot of people as well who did not want to dress up for the occasion. We saw quite a lot of people with plates highly loaded with lobster tails ( 3rd. Gala night) or crab legs (second G.n.)

Thanks all. Hubby was very happy when I read him these posts. He always wears his good navy blazer on the plane and wants that to be his go to dress jacket. He also does not mind bringing a few ties and a white button down shirt. Now, if I could just convince myself to go for a single look----but, we all know that is not going to happen.:D