Thank You Princess

nukesubsailor

I received a very nice phone call from Princess Customer Relations today. A very nice lady named Kathy asked me about an email I had sent to them concerning 4 coffee cards. On a Royal Princess cruise last month I accidentally left 4 coffee cards in a clothing pocket that my wife laundered. I had gotten these cards on previous cruises by trading mini-bar setups for them. I took the freshly laundered but soggy coffee cards to the passenger services desk to see if I could trade them for new cards. The agent at the desk phoned the beverage manager about getting new cards only to be told that there was a policy change and that coffee cards would not be accepted if acquired on a previous cruise.

Today Kathy confirmed that the coffee card policy was under review and offered to have replacement cards for me on the future cruises I have booked or to give me onboard credit on one of those future cruises.

I am very satisfied with this response and pleased with Princess cruises. Since I have the premium beverage package as promotion perks on our next cruises, I opted for the onboard credit.

Thank you Kathy and thank you Princess.

Glad you got the issue solved and it was good customer service from Princess. However, I do think Princess should not of started this "new" policy until they had finished their "review" and had the new policy in place. It is very frustrating that so many people are being told difference things and Princess personnel from top to bottom do not know actually how much turmoil they are causing. Figure out the new policy and then put it in place.....simple enough.

We have been told the same thing previously but have had no problems using the coffee cards on subsequent cruises. Nukesubsailor when were you on the Greenling? I was on her from 73 to 75. RM2 during that period.

We have been told the same thing previously but have had no problems using the coffee cards on subsequent cruises. Nukesubsailor when were you on the Greenling? I was on her from 73 to 75. RM2 during that period.

I was aboard Greenling in 69 & 70, Nuke EM2

The agent at the desk phoned the beverage manager about getting new cards only to be told that there was a policy change and that coffee cards would not be accepted if acquired on a previous cruise.

It could be the manager meant not for free fresh brewed and that the punches would still be good.

Or he could have meant neither fresh nor punches.

Hard to tell.

Princess has obviously caused some confusion about the coffee cards....as evidenced by all the threads and discussion on the topic. Up until recently, any remaining punches could be used on future cruises...and the cards never had any kind of expiration date. It was also widely known that the unlimited brewed coffee/tea perk was only good for the specific cruise where folks got the card. But now, some have reported that on some cruises the IC is refusing to accept unused punches on old cards. If true, this is a real breach of trust...as Princess would have changed the policy after the card was purchases (in good faith).

We will soon be on another Princess cruise and still have two coffee cards (with plenty of remaining punches) from our last Princess cruise (about 5 months ago)...so we shall see. I will not be a happy camper if they refuse my cards...since they do not have an expiration date.

We have also heard that new cards do have some kind of language saying they are only valid for 1 year...which would be a policy change. On the other hand, if this is disclosed at the time of purchase (or trading in a mini bar) it would simply be another Princess cut-back (add it to the burger replacing the steak, decent pizza cheese being replaced by some kind of gook, etc).

Hank

Princess has obviously caused some confusion about the coffee cards....as evidenced by all the threads and discussion on the topic. Up until recently, any remaining punches could be used on future cruises...and the cards never had any kind of expiration date. It was also widely known that the unlimited brewed coffee/tea perk was only good for the specific cruise where folks got the card. But now, some have reported that on some cruises the IC is refusing to accept unused punches on old cards. If true, this is a real breach of trust...as Princess would have changed the policy after the card was purchases (in good faith).

We will soon be on another Princess cruise and still have two coffee cards (with plenty of remaining punches) from our last Princess cruise (about 5 months ago)...so we shall see. I will not be a happy camper if they refuse my cards...since they do not have an expiration date.

We have also heard that new cards do have some kind of language saying they are only valid for 1 year...which would be a policy change. On the other hand, if this is disclosed at the time of purchase (or trading in a mini bar) it would simply be another Princess cut-back (add it to the burger replacing the steak, decent pizza cheese being replaced by some kind of gook, etc).

Hank

We just got off the Crown Princess this morning and my old coffee card was accepted for punches. I handed the barista my card and punched for the coffee beverages ordered.

However, the new coffee cards have expiration dates.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just got off the Crown Princess this morning and my old coffee card was accepted for punches. I handed the barista my card and punched for the coffee beverages ordered.

However, the new coffee cards have expiration dates.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is expiry date still Dec 31, 2018?