Bringing wine on a cruise

NJCowboy

I know you are allowed to bring one bottle per adult, but here is my question.

I ferment and bottle about 150 gallons of wine per year. It is pretty darn good. Am I allowed to bring my own wine on the ship?

I can see them giving me heck for it because it is not labeled or is a "Commercial" wine.

Any thoughts?

First let me say I don't know the answer, I'm only speculating... but I'd say if it's not labeled and not 'commercial' you can't bring it on board. The inspectors would have no way of determining if it's actually wine (allowed) or liquor (not allowed).

To be sure, I'd email Carnival. I just sawa this on their websit3e and it's a bit ambiguous- your wine would be sealed, but as I said, hard to tell it's not liquor...

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board with the following exception - At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person in their carry-on luggage. All liquor, beer, other forms of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages outside of this exception are strictly prohibited in both carry-on and checked luggage and such items will be confiscated and discarded and no compensation will be provided.

Customers have been bringing their on brew on the ships for years now. Most make it through with little problems, and yes some have bottled and sealed alcohol in them as well.

It depends on the person doing the screening. We drink White Zinfandel which is PINK.

The screener was quite concerned that a "real" white wine could be pink and carefully inspected the bottles :confused: until the screener at the next station reassured them it was legit.

Depends on whether they send you for secondary "beverage screening" after x-raying your carry-ons, which itself varies by port and even sometimes by sailing. If it looks like a normal bottle of wine on the x-ray, you might not have issues.

If you do get sent for secondary screening, expect to get at least some grief if they they realize it's non-commercial/home-botttled. As to whether they confiscate it or let you keep it, YMMV, but there's a fair chance it'll be confiscated if it's something your bottled yourself.

Dont see it as a problem. We both brought a bottle of wine with us 2 cruises ago. We placed them in the travel wine protectors. When going through they didn't even blink. My husband brand is not found in stores and can only be purchased in Northern California directly from the winery.

Here's an idea, create your own label. Easy to do on the computer. Chances are that they won't know all the wine names and brands there are is slim.

Just make sure you bring it on your carry on.

Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Dont see it as a problem. We both brought a bottle of wine with us 2 cruises ago. We placed them in the travel wine protectors. When going through they didn't even blink. My husband brand is not found in stores and can only be purchased in Northern California directly from the winery.

Here's an idea, create your own label. Easy to do on the computer. Chances are that they won't know all the wine names and brands there are is slim.

Just make sure you bring it on your carry on.

Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I would say the same, create your own label making sure it does say wine

Homemade wine would be prohibited under the food rule..

• Food Items must be pre-packaged and unopened; homemade items or pre-cooked foods will not be permitted onboard. Limitations on permitted food items are directly related to concerns for food safety and contamination prevention. We are unable to provide food preparation, refrigeration or storage for personal food or beverage items.

I know you are allowed to bring one bottle per adult, but here is my question.

I ferment and bottle about 150 gallons of wine per year. It is pretty darn good. Am I allowed to bring my own wine on the ship?

I can see them giving me heck for it because it is not labeled or is a "Commercial" wine.

Any thoughts?

My thought, if it's good you need to share with the rest of us!

I make my own wine too. I've brought my "one bottle per adult" on many times. Make sure it is labeled and has a capsule on top. I brought a 375ml bottle of port on with no issues. If you are that worried, go buy a bottle at the store, drink it and reuse the bottle so you have a commercial label. As others have noted, we rarely get questioned on our wine.