Barcelona AirBnB: Gothic Quarter vs. La Sagrada Familia vs. Plaza Catalunya?

I am planning next summer's Mediterranean cruise. Our family - myself, husband, 13 year old daughter, and 11 year old son - will spend three nights post-cruise in Barcelona. This will be our first visit.

We know we want to rent a highly rated vacation rental through AirBnB or Home Away. I even have several lovely choices, since I'm looking this to book this far out. But I need help narrowing down my search from these three areas. From my research, they are all reasonable choices. I'm just not sure how to choose.

Which of these three areas would you recommend a family focus on for their first visit? One of us has slight mobility issues, so we'll be walking some but will also take taxis/tours etc. in order to minimize the shoe leather a bit.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

In terms of ranking them for lodging locations, I would rank La Sagrada Familia third. You definitely need to visit La Sagrada Familia, but staying in the area isn't particularly useful, in my opinion. The other two options are directly adjacent to each other and either would be fine, I think. I would prefer staying the Gothic Quarter area myself since I like the older style of the architecture and general feel of the place. But there is nothing wrong with the Plaza Catalunya area. You will probably end up mingling you're walking and dining between the 2.

In terms of ranking them for lodging locations, I would rank La Sagrada Familia third. You definitely need to visit La Sagrada Familia, but staying in the area isn't particularly useful, in my opinion. The other two options are directly adjacent to each other and either would be fine, I think. I would prefer staying the Gothic Quarter area myself since I like the older style of the architecture and general feel of the place. But there is nothing wrong with the Plaza Catalunya area. You will probably end up mingling you're walking and dining between the 2.

Thank you. I keep reading very mixed reviews of the Gothic Quarter. Pictures look charming, but I wasn't sure if it would be a good place for a family to stay, you know?

Thank you. I keep reading very mixed reviews of the Gothic Quarter. Pictures look charming, but I wasn't sure if it would be a good place for a family to stay, you know?

My husband and I stayed in the Gothic quarter and loved it. We visited all three locations. I think you'll like Bari Gotic!

I have stayed a few times in Barcelona. This would have absolutely been my answer. There is a good public transport system in Barcelona, but taxis are not prohibitively expensive for those with mobility issues.