Carnival Elation 10/21-10/26 Review (no pics)

momof4girls

We're in U158 next week! And I just looked and it's been turned into a connecting room as well! I had looked at that just a few days ago and it was NOT showing that! I'm not happy at all about that and I know my wife won't be either. I may have to see if we can get moved to a non connecting room.

I would DEFINITELY try to get moved! I didn’t notice the change until 4 days beforehand so it was too late for me. There weren’t any other rooms.

Hey!

I have a question about the Port Entry Security Guards?

Did you arrive at the port at your assigned check in time, or did you have PL/DI/FTTF Priority on your board passes?

There have been issues with the Port entry guards not being aware of anything but the arrival time on the boarding pass? Priority guests.....no clue what it meant?

Hey!

Did you arrive at the port at your assigned check in time, or did you have PL/DI/FTTF Priority on your board passes?

There have been issues with the Port entry guards not being aware of anything but the arrival time on the boarding pass? Priority guests.....no clue what it meant?

We actually arrived past our check in time and did not have FTTF or priority boarding. It wasn’t nearly as organized as other ports though. There is a separate line for FTTF/Priority and I heard one of the guards ask one lady to “step to the other line” since her friend had FTTF and she didn’t.

I would DEFINITELY try to get moved! I didn’t notice the change until 4 days beforehand so it was too late for me. There weren’t any other rooms.

We managed to get moved! We went up a deck to Empress but did go pretty far forward to E47. We've been that far forward before with no issues so just hoping we won't have anchor noise this trip.

We managed to get moved! We went up a deck to Empress but did go pretty far forward to E47. We've been that far forward before with no issues so just hoping we won't have anchor noise this trip.

Did you have to pay a fee to move?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I stayed one room away from that on Elation a couple years ago. No anchor noise. It is right below the Main Lounge so as long as you aren’t trying to sleep during one of the big production shows, you’ll be fine. I enjoyed the proximity to the atrium bar and the main lounge.

I stayed one room away from that on Elation a couple years ago. No anchor noise. It is right below the Main Lounge so as long as you aren’t trying to sleep during one of the big production shows, you’ll be fine. I enjoyed the proximity to the atrium bar and the main lounge.

Thank you for passing that along!

Yeah, I looked at the deck plan and our room appears to be under the very last seats/wall/fun shops, and we rarely turn in especially early so I don't think we'll have any major issues there.

Hey!

Not trying to "hijack" the post, but I can answer this question, as we sailed on the Elation this past August. Our boarding time was 2:30, but we had FTTF and arrived at the port at 10:30. We were allowed in immediately by the guard at the gate, and were first in line to get into the terminal. There were very few Diamonds or Platinum guests, and no weddings. We were literally some of the first cruisers to board. We had no issues, and I was glad, as I had also read that the security peeps didn't understand FTTF. On this particular day, they did.

Thank you for the review. When you were on HMC did you notice the "lobster" shack? what they served and the cost?

I have been on the Elation twice, this will be our third cruise on her, the first time we cruised on her, I got locked in a restroom when the handle fell off. On the lido deck. at night. when no one was there. I hope that they have those type of things fixed. Did you ever get the hot water problem fixed?

Did you eat at the blue iguana for lunch at all-what were the lines like at breakfast?

cant wait! only 43 days!

Thank you for the review. When you were on HMC did you notice the "lobster" shack? what they served and the cost?

I have been on the Elation twice, this will be our third cruise on her, the first time we cruised on her, I got locked in a restroom when the handle fell off. On the lido deck. at night. when no one was there. I hope that they have those type of things fixed. Did you ever get the hot water problem fixed?

Did you eat at the blue iguana for lunch at all-what were the lines like at breakfast?

cant wait! only 43 days!

I didn’t even notice the lobster shack! Wish I had though.

We ate at the Blue Iguana for lunch the last sea day. Taco line was non existent but the burrito line was about 5 minutes. Not bad at all! For breakfast we ate there twice. No line at all! Not sure many people knew about the breakfast they served.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope they’ve fixed the hot water situation. We’re sailing next Thursday and, I hate to admit this, I’m a big baby when it comes to a bathroom not working well.

Was the ship clean? Did you find that the adult:kid ratio was pleasant? I’m traveling with a large group (75 people) and 8 are children, so it would be nice for them to find some friends on the ship- but I know the adults would rather the kid count be fairly low.

Thank you for this review!

I hope they’ve fixed the hot water situation. We’re sailing next Thursday and, I hate to admit this, I’m a big baby when it comes to a bathroom not working well.

Was the ship clean? Did you find that the adult:kid ratio was pleasant? I’m traveling with a large group (75 people) and 8 are children, so it would be nice for them to find some friends on the ship- but I know the adults would rather the kid count be fairly low.

Thank you for this review!

The ship did look clean to me. And it seemed like someone was constantly cleaning or vacuuming or picking up trash/glasses/plates.

I was actually quite surprised how many kids were on this cruise! I didn’t expect that many with it being the end of October and with it being a smaller ship out of Jacksonville.

Two mornings we had to call maintenance because we didn’t have any hot water. Both times we could hear the maintenance guy outside the door “fixing” something, but he would always tell us “lots of people showering. Try again”. We knew it wasn’t that but whatever. Didn’t care so long as it was fixed.

Try going to the gym or spa to shower next time or at least half of you in the cabin...they seem to have plenty of hot water whenever we have needed to shower and it is quicker than waiting for all of us to have a turn in cabin....

As far as the kids being bored and complaining...I hear this from friends and relatives that cruise a lot and do not understand why the kids complain...dont take this personally as you are far from the only one with this complaint BUT this seems to be a result of their (the kids) inability to exist without the phones, the tablets, the video games and computers they have on land. The fact that most kids between the ages of 8 and 18 cannot read a book (a real one), communicate with most adults face to face intelligently (and respectfully), enjoy family time (beyond playing xbox together), play a board/card game or think about anyone except themselves (beyond a typical child mentality and more expecting instant gratification) is more of an issue with how their devices are raising them and keeping them busy. Unfortunately it creates selfish and ungrateful kids that will carry those attitudes with them into their adult lives.

These are all first world problems and it appears that there is an entire generation being raised by devices. I guess this is easier for some families and takes the onus off of the parents in some way.

Two mornings we had to call maintenance because we didn’t have any hot water. Both times we could hear the maintenance guy outside the door “fixing” something, but he would always tell us “lots of people showering. Try again”. We knew it wasn’t that but whatever. Didn’t care so long as it was fixed.

Try going to the gym or spa to shower next time or at least half of you in the cabin...they seem to have plenty of hot water whenever we have needed to shower and it is quicker than waiting for all of us to have a turn in cabin....

As far as the kids being bored and complaining...I hear this from friends and relatives that cruise a lot and do not understand why the kids complain...dont take this personally as you are far from the only one with this complaint BUT this seems to be a result of their (the kids) inability to exist without the phones, the tablets, the video games and computers they have on land. The fact that most kids between the ages of 8 and 18 cannot read a book (a real one), communicate with most adults face to face intelligently (and respectfully), enjoy family time (beyond playing xbox together), play a board/card game or think about anyone except themselves (beyond a typical child mentality and more expecting instant gratification) is more of an issue with how their devices are raising them and keeping them busy. Unfortunately it creates selfish and ungrateful kids that will carry those attitudes with them into their adult lives.

These are all first world problems and it appears that there is an entire generation being raised by devices. I guess this is easier for some families and takes the onus off of the parents in some way.

I don’t take it personal. :) I totally think you’re right. I work with children, and I see that ALL the time. However, we are one of the few parents who are “mean” (according to my kids friends) and don’t allow a lot of digital time. Sadly, they both get teased at school because neither has a phone, let alone a smart phone.

Both of their past cruises they spent most of the entire day on the water slides and then we would always watch a dive in movie at night. I started them out on the Dream class of ships, and I did have some doubts about taking them on a Fantasy class ship. I did notice we were having a harder time filling downtime without the hours upon hours on the water slides. Cruising weather is so unpredictable though. Who can predict that on both sea days the water slides will be closed?

But I do agree with you about the generation statement. My kids have heard me say many times “in the old days” which to me, just means late 80’s:')

Loved your kind reply! My grands also are very limited in their screen time, and are avid book readers. However, they too were bored at sea, but loved all the excursions off ship. At 11 and 13, they were too old for little kid stuff, and did spend most of their sea time at pool or reading. I'd take them on another cruise, but would look for interesting ports.