What to do in Moorea??

Kiwi_cruiser

We have been to Moorea before back in July 2011 the last time we went there, we just spent a day at a resort (The Intercontinental resort), this time I want to explore and see a bit more of Moorea.

I was wondering what is there to do on Moorea?? Is there anything not miss??

And what would you recommend doing on Moorea??

Is there any private tour company's you would recommend??

I would take a inner island safari which includes many of the traditional things to see including the waterfall.

Alex and Gheslaine of Inner Island Safari Tours - intersaf@mail.pf

I would also recommend an ATV tour. Great vistas to snap pictures from.

There are few companies doing this, here is one of them:

Albert Tours - http://www.albert-transport.net/p3_gb.asp

Lots to do. I've only done ship's tours, so you'd have to do research about the actually operators in most cases. Here's what I've done:

- Dr. Poole's Dolphin Watch--boat ride around the island, looking for spinner dolphins, sometimes snorkelling,. I've done this twice and probably will do it again next September hoping to see whales this time. Beautiful views of Moorea.

- Aito 4-wheel drive trip--up the back roads, visit to vanilla far, up to the Belvedere (lookout--stunning views, this is a must on any excursion), and up to a point of land high above Oponohu Bay, great views again. Fun.

- Catamaran trip out into the lagoon with snorkelling. Nice.

- Stingray and snorkelling trip, in a boat. Not bad, not the greatest.

May have forgotten something--I think we took a bus trip around the island once, it was okay.

• 4 weeks later...

We did the ATV tour through Albert's it was great fun! We booked an SSV (like a dune buggy) which you sat in like a car, had a steering wheel and seat belts so you don't have to wear a helmet, although one is provided. It was super hot so no helmet was great! Do bring some $ buy jam at the agricultural school.

I am on Millie arriving around nov 10 I have booked Carl ( website Carl's cabs) for a group of 6 less than $70 pp for a full day tour.

I also have him booked for our day in Tahiti similar price.

I have organised a party of six as he has a mini van.

• 4 weeks later...

We think Moorea has the best snorkeling among the various islands in the area. If one enjoys the water and wants to snorkel this is the place to either do an excursion that includes that activity. The water is absolutely gorgeous and there is a huge variety of interesting fish.

Hank

Is snorkeling possible from public/local beaches? I posted another question about Lagoonarium and it appears 'up in the air' as to whether it is open or not. We prefer independent snorkeling if possible.......anyone have suggestions?

Hi

We want to rent someplace on Moorea for a week the end of January. A little home, an apartment, anything but a standard hotel room. Any ideas? Have been checking the usual rental sites by owner but wonder if anyone has done this and knows of a good place?

Linda

copekids

Archived