HDMI access on Anthem of the Seas?

Is it possible to connect a video game console or other video device to the TVs in the rooms on the Anthem of the Seas?

Hi Sizzlechest :)

Yes... Here is a well done, step by step video, posted by another member.

HDMI hookup video on Anthem:

I hope this helps. Have a terrific day!

:)

Hi Sizzlechest clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

This is awesome! I was thinking about packing my FireTV which has Hulu, Netflix, and a Slingbox app so I can get all my local channels live while at sea. The problem was the FireTV wouldn't have WiFi, so I'd have to swap it from my phone assuming that's even possible. (Can you change the WiFi device after it's been configured on the ship?) With the screen sharing, I don't even need the Fire TV. I can just use my phone. All I need is the remote!

• Like 1

Can you change the WiFi device after it's been configured on the ship? With the screen sharing, I don't even need the Fire TV. I can just use my phone. All I need is the remote!

You'll have to figure out how many devices you need online at once at buy a corresponding VOOM package. If you want whatever is connected to the TV to be online all the time, you'll need at least a two device package. Devices can be swapped at any time, but you need to stay within the limit of the VOOM package.

The TV in the cabin is not connected to the wifi so you can't screen share directly like at home - you need some other device connected to the TV. The TVs recently have been configured so that the HDMI input is on channel 3 - if not, switching to that input may be problematic (not possible via the provided remote - need your own).

Hi Sizzlechest :)

:)

When I was on the Anthem, I thought the TV was solidly bolted. It did not occur to me that it was on a latch or some sort. I'm just not the type of person to pull on an expensive appliance just to see if it would come off. This is helpful.

You'll have to figure out how many devices you need online at once at buy a corresponding VOOM package. If you want whatever is connected to the TV to be online all the time, you'll need at least a two device package. Devices can be swapped at any time, but you need to stay within the limit of the VOOM package.

What you wrote kind of contradicts itself. Let's say I have only one VOOM device allowance. I could swap it between any number of devices, yes? I could de-register my phone and give it to the Fire TV, then when I'm done, swap it back to the phone.

The TV in the cabin is not connected to the wifi so you can't screen share directly like at home - you need some other device connected to the TV. The TVs recently have been configured so that the HDMI input is on channel 3 - if not, switching to that input may be problematic (not possible via the provided remote - need your own).

None of that made any sense.

What you wrote kind of contradicts itself. Let's say I have only one VOOM device allowance. I could swap it between any number of devices, yes? I could de-register my phone and give it to the Fire TV, then when I'm done, swap it back to the phone.

If you want to stream something to the TV from your phone, you need something connected to the TV - both that device and the phone need to be connected to wifi at the same time (unless you connect to the device via bluetooth)- hence the need for a two device package. Yes, you can swap between any devices, within the limit of the package.

Not a tech person at all...but I'll just add...you can purchase the Samsung remote at Walmart for $10.00 instead of $20.00 from Amazon ;)

On some ships (not sure about Anthem) you don't need to do that any more - the HDMI input is on ch 3 and you can get to that using the regular remote. Also, if the one has the right kind of Samsung phone, there's a free remote app to control the TV.

On some ships (not sure about Anthem) you don't need to do that any more - the HDMI input is on ch 3 and you can get to that using the regular remote. Also, if the one has the right kind of Samsung phone, there's a free remote app to control the TV.

Probably easier to not take the chance and bring the remote.

We were on Anthem in April and the advice that you've gotten here is good. I will add, I had gone into the week having done my research and was quite confident that I'd be able to access the HDMI port. Even I was at first convinced that the TV was solidly bolted. Don't be afraid to give it a good pull to get it to swivel out a bit.