Princess Disappoints

19woody19

Wow! [emoji45]We did full transit and also had ongoing education and transit dialogue! I hate you missed it. I would be disappointed too. Don’t give up on Princess for this though. We love being on Princess ships!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I really do not think that Princess is much different than some of the other mass market lines. In some respects it is a race to the lowest common denominator. We would say that the watchword on Princess, and other lines, in inconsistency. In all areas.

We had one of our best ever cruises on Sun Princess. It was an Australian/Fiiji cruise. Everything was perfect-one of our best ever cruises in all respects and that includes a Crystal cruise. The itinerary was fine, nothing that special.

Last winter we took a Crown Princess cruise to South America. The itinerary was stunning. The ship was mediocre in all respects....food, service, entertainment etc. The tenders were among the very worst we have experienced in 20 plus cruises. Communication was awful.

We have come to expect this on the mass market lines. I think that it is the new norm. Our experience did not discourage us from another Princess cruise but perhaps not on the Crown. We have come to the point where we pretty much ignore the cruise line and focus on ship, itinerary, and price.

I did a partial transit 8 years ago on Princess. We also had a guest lecturer for two nights prior to the Canal transit. It made the cruise so much better. The history of how the canal was constructed and the hurdles (particularly medical) that had to be overcome was fascinating and skipped completely by my education. Added to this was my cruise partner lived on the canal when her father was stationed there in the Army.

The canal partial is a fond memory together with the other ports (Aruba, Cartagena and Ocho Rios) that made it one of the best cruises ever.

We just returned from a full transit through the Panama Canal aboard the Coral and we were very disappointed. We did this same cruise a few years ago and it was one of our favorites.

The difference? Last time we had several enrichment lectures prior to entering the canal and then the historian gave very interesting commentary for the 8 hours it took to make the transit. He was remarkable and had so many stories to share.

This time...NOTHING before the canal and NOTHING going through. The couples at our dining table were EXTREMELY upset, as were hundreds of others that had never been there before. I tried to explain a few things that I remembered but obviously that was not sufficient.

I spoke with the CD and was told that there was a mix up with Princess. DUH !

The very least they should have done was to announce why and apologize but again NOTHING.

We have been very loyal Princess cruisers for years but now we are considering going back to HAL or RC.

Yes, I am aware this is probably an isolated case but still they should have been more prepared. How about even having pre-recorded lectures and things to take special note of while traveling through?

Oh well, other than that it was a fun cruise but i do feel very sorry for all those that expected more and got nothing but some visual moments.

Give it another try.

Taking this cruise Nov 21st! Now I have to READ a book first?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There is a book by Richard Detrich, a frequent lecturer on Princess, that we read before our 2015 Panama cruise. It was an e book, got it on Amazon in the kindle store. Much, much shorter that path Between the Seas!