Carnival Valor Laundry Rooms/Washing Machines

Hi

My husband and I will be taking a back to back cruise out of San Juan starting August 31. In an effort to decrease amount of clothing we need to bring, I am hoping to wash clothes on the Sunday between the cruises. Are there Laundry Rooms/washing machines available for guest use on the ship?

Thanks!!

Here is information about the laundry.

Name: Launderettes

Location: Riviera Deck 1 - midship / across from 1357 and 1359

Main Deck 2 - midship / across from 2365 and 2367

Upper Deck 6 - midship / across from 6385 and 6387

Empress Deck 7 - midship / across from 7337 and 7339

Verandah Deck 8 - midship / across from 8349 and 8351

Lido Deck 9 - midship / across from 9268 and 9270

Hours: hours posted on the door to the Laundry

Just not sure exactly when they are open.

Sharon

All Carnival ships have passenger laundry rooms.

The machines are small. Plan your detergent accordingly. Anything that is a single use (pods, sheet, packet) always seem to have too much detergent. YMMV

Target has trial size method detergents that do around 3-4 full size loads in a squirt bottle. You can adjust to the load/washer size according to the number of pumps. I bought a couple, threw some dryer sheets in a ziplock and tossed or gave away the extra when I was done-less to pack going home!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi

My husband and I will be taking a back to back cruise out of San Juan starting August 31. In an effort to decrease amount of clothing we need to bring' date=' I am hoping to wash clothes on the Sunday between the cruises. Are there Laundry Rooms/washing machines available for guest use on the ship?

Thanks!![/quote']

On my Valor trip last year I did a load of laundry one day. I remember the hours it was open were posted on the door but I don't remember the exact hours it was open. As others have said, the machines are small load sizes, so easy on the amount of detergent you use - also the dryers run HOT.

Have fun on your b2b. We did this as a b2b last fall and loved it so much we are booked again for next fall. We were the only b2bers on board and got treated like royalty. I suspect many don't book this as a b2b because the itineraries are the same, but for us it worked out great.

Hard not to have to do laundry on a 14 day cruise, but doesn't take much time and saves a lot of packing. Have a great cruise.

Here is information about the laundry.

Name: Launderettes

Location: Riviera Deck 1 - midship / across from 1357 and 1359

Main Deck 2 - midship / across from 2365 and 2367

Upper Deck 6 - midship / across from 6385 and 6387

Empress Deck 7 - midship / across from 7337 and 7339

Verandah Deck 8 - midship / across from 8349 and 8351

Lido Deck 9 - midship / across from 9268 and 9270

Hours: hours posted on the door to the Laundry

Just not sure exactly when they are open.

Sharon

Thanks for the info, too ... I was wondering the same thing. I haven't flown in many years ... at least before all of these bag limitations and steep fees.

As if there weren't enough things to stress over...[emoji15]

Maybe a silly question, but do the washers and dryers take coins or do you use your sail & sign card?

Quarters ... and guest services is well stocked with them.

Do bring your own Tide pods or similar. That, like everything, is hugely expensive on board.

Edited by christyran1228

Sharing a cruising laundry trick that I learned a few years ago. At home pour the amount of detergent for a load of laundry onto a washcloth top with a dryer sheet and fold. Seal the washcloth in a ziplock. On the ship toss the washcloth/dryer sheet (will act like fabric softener in wash) combo in with your clothes. You'll have detergent, fabric softener and dryer sheet all in one :). Less space in your luggage.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sharing a cruising laundry trick that I learned a few years ago. At home pour the amount of detergent for a load of laundry onto a washcloth top with a dryer sheet and fold. Seal the washcloth in a ziplock. On the ship toss the washcloth/dryer sheet (will act like fabric softener in wash) combo in with your clothes. You'll have detergent, fabric softener and dryer sheet all in one :). Less space in your luggage.

Excellent tip! Thanks for sharing!

• 2 months later...

Wow!!! I am so doing that!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...