How to email Maitre'd for the new Carnival Horizon

WECRUISE4US

How can you email the Maitre'd? We have two more people we are hoping to put on our group table but the meal time is currently full. I am praying that we can get them seated with us instead of having them do "our time" dining. It's my mother and sister and we are cruising for my 50th birthday. We called Carnival but they were of no help.

How long does it take Ken to reply to his emails as I emailed him over 3 days ago and still no response.

Is this normal? I am concerned because my son is allergic to diary and it's important that our waiters know this.

Thanks in advance.

The email address for the Maitre'D is XXmaitred@carnival.com where XX = the ship abbreviation. For the Horizon the email address is HZmaitred@carnival.com. The ship abbreviations for other ships can be found on other threads about emailing the Maitre'D also. I've read that when emailing a request to the Maitre'D, one does not always got a reply but have read many people reporting that they boarded their ship to find their request had been granted.

How long does it take Ken to reply to his emails as I emailed him over 3 days ago and still no response.

Is this normal? I am concerned because my son is allergic to diary and it's important that our waiters know this.

Thanks in advance.

Make sure you contact the special needs desk about dietary restrictions

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Make sure you contact the special needs desk about dietary restrictions

Hi Bookworm1985,

We are going on the Horizon in June and we are staying in cabin 8416. I saw In one of your posts that you booked that cabin along with cabin 8414. If you could tell us about cabin 8416 or take a photo of it we would really appreciate it. Hope you have a nice cruise.

Thanks for all your helpful replies I feel a bit less anxious now about my son's dairy allergy.

For information purposes I have copied the following from the carnival site:

Dietary Needs:

Carnival Cruise Lines can provide our guests with the following special dietary needs: Vegetarian, Low-Cholesterol, Low-Fat, Low-Carbohydrates, Low-Sugar, Gluten Free, Indian Vegetarian, and Kosher. No advance notice is required; we kindly ask that you please inform our dining team so you can discuss your meal options. Additionally, we also request you advise our dining team of any food allergies you have.

Hi Bookworm1985,

We are going on the Horizon in June and we are staying in cabin 8416. I saw In one of your posts that you booked that cabin along with cabin 8414. If you could tell us about cabin 8416 or take a photo of it we would really appreciate it. Hope you have a nice cruise.

Sure, but you may have to remind me to post it!

OP, I emailed Ken and got a response in a few hours that my request would be granted.

Just an update on the email I sent Ken almost a week ago regarding my son's dairy allergy etc.

Ken replied yesterday basically saying it's all taken care of which I am quite relieved about.

I guess it took him a while to respond because the nature of the request?

• 1 month later...

Hi Bookworm 1985,

You asked me to remind you about my cabin question after your horizon cruise. We are sailing on the Horizon in a couple of weeks and we are in one of the cabins you booked- cabin 8416. Just wondering how it was. Is it a square shaped room that seems larger than the normal inside cabin? Did you like the horizon? Do you have any suggestions about activities or dining? Hope you had a good time.

Mathracquette

H

Sure, but you may have to remind me to post it!

OP, I emailed Ken and got a response in a few hours that my request would be granted.

How can you email the Maitre'd? We have two more people we are hoping to put on our group table but the meal time is currently full. I am praying that we can get them seated with us instead of having them do "our time" dining. It's my mother and sister and we are cruising for my 50th birthday. We called Carnival but they were of no help.

I believe you'll need to have all persons under the same booking number or link the bookings.

If that's not possible or if it's getting closer to your cruise, then perhaps an email to the maitred' would help. But include the names and all booking numbers so they link the right persons.

Thanks in advance.

I emailed him twice before our cruise and he never answered and we did not get what we requested.

I emailed him twice before our cruise and he never answered and we did not get what we requested.

John Heald has asked time and again for people to not email maitre d's and that they are under no obligation to read or respond.