Oceania World Cruise 2020

Go-Bucks!

Just saw information about their 2020 RTW cruise and a marketing video.

Will be on Insignia; embarking in Miami and San Francisco; disembarking in San Francisco, Miami and NYC; runs from Jan. 8 to July 5, 2020; booking opens up on March 7, 2018; perks are the same as for the 2019 cruise, except 2 of the OLife perks are 70 shore excursions and $7,000.

Goes to 4 continents, 38 countries, 27 time zones, 67 Unesco World Heritage Sites, 95 ports and 17 overnights. It will be traveling west to east, for the most part.

Summary of itinerary: Miami...Panama canal...Central America...Mexico...Baja...San Francisco...South America (Ecuador, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Brazil)...Africa (Senegal, Gambia, Ivory Coast, Ghana, South Africa)...Thailand...Malaysia...Singapore...Vietnam...China...Japan...Russia...Bering Sea...Alaska...San Francisco...Panama canal...Miami...NYC. These are the places that were listed, but obviously there will be many more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This info was found on www.oceaniacruisesale.com/oceania/menu.php?page=2020-world-cruise

Video was on m.youtube.com/watch?v=camQQRh9teA

I was able to access both of these on my phone, but not on my desktop. Weird.

• 4 weeks later...
Just saw information about their 2020 RTW cruise and a marketing video.

I was able to access both of these on my phone, but not on my desktop. Weird.

Try this link for YouTube:

• 4 weeks later...
Took a quick look and like the countries but it appears to go west and then around South America and then east to Africa. Strange itinerary. Seems like they just put different cruises together to come up with a World Cruise.

I'm glad they did. ;) Having done the 2017 world cruise, which was all westbound, we didn't want to repeat Polynesia, Australia/New Zealand, and Europe again. This itinerary fulfills our desire for a significantly different way of seeing the world.

• 1 month later...
Took a quick look and like the countries but it appears to go west and then around South America and then east to Africa. Strange itinerary. Seems like they just put different cruises together to come up with a World Cruise.

I might be mis-reading this, but the map on the website seems to be showing this as an eastbound voyage.

I might be mis-reading this, but the map on the website seems to be showing this as an eastbound voyage.

Affirmative, and that is the primary reason we opted for Viking Ocean rather than Oceania. Having worked deep sea, heading East you work 20 mins less, but pax loose an hour sleep about every 2nd or 3 rd night.

As a pax, much prefer Westerly routing, where you gain an hour sleep.

Affirmative, and that is the primary reason we opted for Viking Ocean rather than Oceania. Having worked deep sea, heading East you work 20 mins less, but pax loose an hour sleep about every 2nd or 3 rd night.

As a pax, much prefer Westerly routing, where you gain an hour sleep.

Yes... that would be my choice as well. I haven't researched this, but I wonder if the world cruises which are eastbounds are a bit cheaper, since I suspect most people would prefer the extra sleep time which they get on the westbounds?