Any recent updates of norovirus on solstice please??

Don't fret the small stuff. The ship underwent a thorough disinfectation after the last infestation now several weeks ago. Maintain top personal hygiene and you should be fine. The ship currently in NZ has not experienced any further outbreaks

There is so much talk about Noro virus. I luckily have never had it however, after a 10 night cruise I had the worst respiratory infection ever! Went to work after the cruise and had to go home the same day and was off for a week. No amount of hand washing will stop an airborne virus. Commonly called cabin cough.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is so much talk about Noro virus. I luckily have never had it however, after a 10 night cruise I had the worst respiratory infection ever! Went to work after the cruise and had to go home the same day and was off for a week. No amount of hand washing will stop an airborne virus. Commonly called cabin cough.

Correct, it can be much worse and harder to shake as it lingers for weeks.

Finished up in Auckland last Saturday. All back to nromal re Noro e.g. no high alerts, OV cafe self-serve again, salt and pepper shakers back out etc. Great cruise, but we both came down with the cough in the second week - c'est la vie! Managing to cough our way through wine tasting and noshing great food in the Hawkes Bay - weather unbelievable!

Finished up in Auckland last Saturday. All back to nromal re Noro e.g. no high alerts, OV cafe self-serve again, salt and pepper shakers back out etc. Great cruise, but we both came down with the cough in the second week - c'est la vie! Managing to cough our way through wine tasting and noshing great food in the Hawkes Bay - weather unbelievable!

Glad you had a great cruise despite the illness.

We call that kennel cough and it's easy to catch but oh so hard to get rid of.

Yes, that is the pits. On our Singapore to Hong Kong cruise we spent 3 days laid out in our hotel room with that awful respiratory issue, and were then off work for a week once we got home. So many people had the same problem.