Question about check-in

beloum

Hi, was hoping someone can clarify. Just booked a last minute cruise for this coming weekend. 1st time I booked this late. When I was going through the online check-in, it asked for preferred boarding time. Only option avail was 1:30-2:00. I am platinum and according to the website I should have priority check-in and boarding. My boarding pass does have me listed as PRIORITY, but has 1:30-2:00 check-in time splashed across the top. Do platinum still get to board behind diamond and weddings, or has something changed? Thanks for any input. Also, it assigned early dining. I keep trying to change it to anytime, but won't let me. I assume AT is full? What are chances of changing on board?

Carnival is doing staggered check in times, a time slot is required for every passenger/cabin group. Those with priority can arrive when they choose.

It is on the boarding pass so those who come early without any priority privileges can be turned away at the terminal entrance.

Hi, was hoping someone can clarify. Just booked a last minute cruise for this coming weekend. 1st time I booked this late. When I was going through the online check-in, it asked for preferred boarding time. Only option avail was 1:30-2:00. I am platinum and according to the website I should have priority check-in and boarding. My boarding pass does have me listed as PRIORITY, but has 1:30-2:00 check-in time splashed across the top.

Hi!

There will be signs where Diamond and Platinum line up at the port. We arrive about 9:30, as even standing outside in a line is preferable to sitting in a hotel room. You will be able to enter the port building as the line progresses once the port building opens.

Do platinum still get to board behind diamond and weddings, or has something changed?

Sure do!

Thanks for any input.

You're welcome.

Also, it assigned early dining. I keep trying to change it to anytime, but won't let me. I assume AT is full? What are chances of changing on board?

I suggest contacting the person with whom you booked and use the, "Platinum passengers get Priority Dining Time Preferences" card.

Have a great cruise.

Just a bit confused...does your boarding pass show "Priority" on it anywhere? If not, you will probably get challenged trying to checkin earlier than your assigned time. If it does not say priority, I would be checking to see why it doesn't and getting it corrected!

Thanks for the responses. Just seemed off that an arrival time was required, and why it is on boarding pass. As for dining, no big deal, just glad I wasn't stuck with late assigned. Thanks again

About a year ago Carnival started doing staggered check-in and requiring pax to choose a check-in time. (BTW that time is your CHECK-IN time, NOT your boarding time). You can ignore it as long as you're platinum and it says "priority" in the upper left corner of your boarding pass.

Hi, was hoping someone can clarify. Just booked a last minute cruise for this coming weekend. 1st time I booked this late. When I was going through the online check-in, it asked for preferred boarding time. Only option avail was 1:30-2:00. I am platinum and according to the website I should have priority check-in and boarding. My boarding pass does have me listed as PRIORITY, but has 1:30-2:00 check-in time splashed across the top. Do platinum still get to board behind diamond and weddings, or has something changed? Thanks for any input. Also, it assigned early dining. I keep trying to change it to anytime, but won't let me. I assume AT is full? What are chances of changing on board?

Still the same.