Glory FTTF Sold Out - Your opinion wanted

Sue Goodreds

Be sure to keep checking. I recently got FTTF for our upcoming Aug 2017 cruise. I had been using Google and couldn't access the FTTF section ( it's in the excursion section ..first day of cruise ). A poster told me to use Google Chrome and lo and behold it appeared.

By "VIP," do you mean diamond/platinum passengers? And only 200? Out of nearly 3,000 passengers, that seems low. But what do I know, I'm not "a part of it." ;)

Depends on the trip... A few weeks ago I was the only Diamond on a trip. with 38 Platinum's .. Most of the longer trips over 8 days attract the most VIP's ..

• 2 weeks later...
I just booked a cruise to HMC, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk 4 days ago that leaves 11/11/17 from Miami. After booking, I saw FTTF was sold out. :( I've never cruised Carnival without FTTF before. What do you think my chances are of FTTF opening in the next 102 days? I've been checking multiple times every day.

I am on the same cruise in October. You should be close to the cruises final payment date. That night at midnight eastern time (actually the next day)

Trying logging in and see if any FTTF open up. I think carnival opens up more slots based on diamond/platinum numbers after final payment has passed. Also some people wait until the last day to cancel without penalty and if they have FTTF it gets released. I had been checking on a regular basis and viola at midnight it popped up for about a hour

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just came back from the Glory Saturday had FTTF luggage was lost at the end of hallway they gave us back the $ and we didn't think we really needed on this cruise!

Hey.... I remember you were excited about going on the Glory. I am interested in hearing your opinion on it. Will you be doing a review?

Hey.... I remember you were excited about going on the Glory. I am interested in hearing your opinion on it. Will you be doing a review?

7bbc15a98bd3feae7cd94a5e4601f31f.jpg

Loved the ports San Juan least favorite felt the ship move a lot as we were in the back!! Looking into a bigger ship, dining room was slow but great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just booked a cruise to HMC, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk 4 days ago that leaves 11/11/17 from Miami. After booking, I saw FTTF was sold out. :( I've never cruised Carnival without FTTF before. What do you think my chances are of FTTF opening in the next 102 days? I've been checking multiple times every day.
I was told to keep checking around final payment, even up until a few days before you cruise. Good Luck! :D

• 2 weeks later...
$20 to the porter at the terminal and your bags will be in your cabin before dinner. I had the same problem but when we boarded the Magic last September, we were checked in and on board in under 30 minutes...now we waited until 1 pm to check in. We were able to be in our cabin by 1:30. Didn't really need FTTF.

Porter at the terminal works for the port, not for the cruise line, they don't get on the ship. Porter loads luggage into giant dolly. Longshoreman drives dollys to dock, dock workers puts dolly onto ship with forklift. The guy at the beginning has little to no impact on when your luggage is finally delivered.

Anyways, OP, if it is important to you, monitor the situation periodically and see if it becomes available. As far as my opinion, I don't think FTTF is a big deal, I've never bought it, never felt the need to have it, never felt like I was missing anything without it. The money FTTF costs will go a lot further, for us, on other things with vacation.

I do not see how being Diamond or Platinum makes you a VIP. It just makes you a repeat customer. You are no better or no more important than anyone else. There I said it!

I'm not sure if you've ever owned a business or been in a position where repeat customers are a must but if you have then you'd know the necessary evils of keeping them coming back.

Hotels, airlines, restaurants, car rental companies, even where I get my car washed and haircut have loyalty programs.

The smattering of rewards a cruise line offers is a small price to pay for direct promotion to those most likely to return. If it wasn't a good idea the would stop it immediately.

Repeat business is more important than anything, even funerals. Make the family happy, people are dying to return to your store.

Economics and marketing, University of Houston, a really long time ago. Owning a small business for 17 years and it's still growing...

There, I shared it.

• 11 months later...
I know this is an old post but could some assist a newbie: What/Where Is A FTTF...many thanks

For between $60-100 Carnival will sell you a host of benefits called faster to the fun.

You get priority boarding

Immediate access to your cabin

Priority line at guest services

Priority tendering (if applicable; only leaving not returning)

If it has value is up to you

Edited by FreudianSlipper
Oops never mind. I just noticed the date of the original post.

For between $60-100 Carnival will sell you a host of benefits called faster to the fun.

You get priority boarding

Immediate access to your cabin

Priority line at guest services

Priority tendering (if applicable; only leaving not returning)

If it has value is up to you

Oh, ok Thank You, Faster To The Fun...dah....I thought possibly "Forget The Toothpaste Frank"