All Things PRIDE!!

rrraydon

Ken has an affinity for the Pride. Other than bringing over a new ship, it is his ship of choice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our past cruises with him he has been in MDR every night. This cruise I'd say about 1/2 of the cruise (14 day Journeys) I often wondered if there was a problem.

Does anyone know if the cruise director schedule has changed on the pride I thought I saw earlier that saffie would be on ship from April to September but saw someone post that Dr E was going in June ..

What about baked Alaska?

They had Baked Alaska our last night. It was not the "olden kind" where they came carrying the cake on their heads with a candle (anyone else remember that?) but rather a slice. BUT, it was a Journeys cruise and they did a lot of things as "throw back" to the first days of cruising. So I can't tell you if that would be offered on a regular week cruise.

Baked Alaska was on the menu last week on the Pride (regular 7night cruise) it was very good. Ken is a super singer, we asked our waiters each night (we had ATD so different wait team each night) how they liked him and they all had nothing but good things to say.

There is one thing that TOTALLY ANNOYS me about Pride.;p Not sure if this is on other ships. We spend most of our time on Lido at the pool where the movie screen and stage are. On Pride this is the pool that has the retractable roof. They put a video or something that is absolutely beautiful on the big screen literally ALL DAY. I mean, it plays over and over and over....even when the band is in front playing. I love this video....but I have been on Pride 6 weeks and it is the SAME ONE and as I said....it plays over and over and over....ALL DAY! :confused:We are going again next January for a Journeys cruise. If that video is still playing I think I am going to go bonkers...:o:eek::evilsmile:

That is such awesome news! We heard a rumor a while ago and we are so happy it's true. We are sailing on the Pride in August and can't wait to see the good reverend again!

We were on the Magic with him last summer and he was AWESOME! So glad he'll be on the Pride when we're on the end of July!

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone! I sailed on the Pride for the first time back in 2014 and fell in love with it. My best friend and I had SO much fun! I loved it so much that nearly four years later I'll be sailing on her again with family and friends this June and getting married while in Grand Turk. I'm looking for the Fun Times for the Grand Turk, HMC, and Freeport cruise. Would anyone happen to have these? I've tried googling "Carnival Pride Fun Times 2018" but I haven't been able to locate anything recent. Thanks so much for any help!

any idea which nights are formal?planning reservations for inlaws for steakhouse and they dont want to miss a formal night in MDR.

I know Monday night for sure is the first formal night and I believe the last one is Thursday.

i just hope the carnival gets back to me with the date and time I selected for the dinner. debating on getting them cruise cash to cover the cost.

They should be able to confirm everything for the date and time you requested. Also just an FYI, back in 2014 they'd give you a free bottle of wine if you chose to dine at the Steakhouse on embarkation day. Can anyone tell us if they still do this in the Steakhouses?

They should be able to confirm everything for the date and time you requested. Also just an FYI, back in 2014 they'd give you a free bottle of wine if you chose to dine at the Steakhouse on embarkation day. Can anyone tell us if they still do this in the Steakhouses?

Yes, free wine if you dine on embarkation day OR if you have Cheers you can select a different one for 25% off.

My reservation confirmation usually comes back within 3 days.

Has anyone been on the Pride in the last few weeks or so?

I hear the ships are getting upgrades in regards to the internet and speed of their wifi.

Wanted to know if the Pride had been updated yet?

Just got off the Pride. It does need some cosmetic work, especially on the exterior. Rusty, balconies are a little rough looking. Still had a great cruise though! It's small enough that there were no lines anywhere, & enough chairs for everyone on the decks. Definitely going again after it goes into drydock.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

I hear the ships are getting upgrades in regards to the internet and speed of their wifi.

As far as internet, I didn't have it, but I didn't hear anyone complain for those that did have it. Alot of people seemed to always be on their phones......

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

I was on 4 weeks ago. Didn't use WiFi or internet but maybe they will straighten all that out when the ship goes into Drydock...Feb. 3-16, 2019

I was on 4 weeks ago. Didn't use WiFi or internet but maybe they will straighten all that out when the ship goes into Drydock...Feb. 3-16, 2019
Did they mention what the planned upgrades are for the upcoming drydock?

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app